Saturday, October 29, 2011

Chapter 5.8 - Parting Ways

 I woke up the next morning, changed, and had a cup of tea before leaving the house. I was excited to take a walk through town and hopefully get to know some of the locals.

 Down town was very nice and had the feel of an old town. I could tell everyone here loved animals as I saw lots of cats and dogs and even horses. There was even a fountain in the shape of a dog bone, very cute. I also noticed that there were a few places with Help Wanted signs and decided to start looking for a job when I got back home. We only had $30,000 left in my bank account and that would not last forever. It was left to me from our parents but I did not know why or how. Another thing for me to figure out.

 It didn't take me long to tend our garden when we got back home and when i was done I noticed Gloria was laying out in the sun again.



"I guess now is as good a time as any to talk to her about getting a job," I thought to myself as I washed my hands.

"Gloria," I said as I walked up to her,"I need to talk to you."

"Now what?" She said as she got up.

"Well, as I was walking through town I noticed a few Help Wanted signs," I began


"Wait, let me guess," She said interrupting me "You want me to find a job here?"


"yes, we both need to so we can pay our bills and anything else we want or need to buy."

Gloria began to laugh

"Yea, that is not going to happen so you can stop thinking about it. I'm not getting a job, especially here, you can do that. I'll just come to you for everything," She said with a smile.


"Okay, you know what," I said beginning to get very upset," You will be getting a job. You will NOT be sponging off of me and you will NOT be laying around the house all day anymore!"



Gloria suddenly glared at me and took a few steps closer to me.

"I am sick and tired of your bossy attitude Haley! You are not my mother and you better stop acting like it!"



"Gloria, you need to stop acting so childish. We only have each other now and we need to make it work."



"No, I refuse to and I am moving back to Bridgeport as soon as I can."

With that she stormed inside and went upstairs.

I didn't understand why she was acting like this. I mean, yea we both missed our friends but that didn't mean we couldn't make new friends here.

I shook my head and went inside. After sending my resume to a few companies I made mac and cheese for dinner and headed to bed.


  The next morning I headed over to Grahams Pet Swap Shop. I wanted to get some information on pets and what all I needed to buy to take care of a pet. If Gloria was going to leave me al alone then a new pet would defiantly keep me company.



 I immediately noticed a beautiful green bird when I first walked in but decided not to buy him. A cat or dog would probably be best for now.




"Hello, how may I help you?" The store clerk asked me as I walked to the counter.



"Hello, I wanted to get some information about pets and how to take care of them. I am thinking about buying a cat or dog soon."



The clerk explained everything I needed to know about taking care of cats and dogs.

"When you are ready to purchase a pet may I suggest calling the pound first? They have lots of cats, dogs, and horses waiting to be adopted."

"Oh thank you very much. I will look into that!"

"Once you adopt please feel free to come back to purchase everything you will need."

By the time I got back home I noticed that the house was unusually quiet, even more than it normally is. There was a note on the fridge and I immediately knew what it was about and who it was from.

Dear Haley,
  I first want to apologize for yelling at you yesterday but I was very upset. Unlike you I cannot just put my old life behind me and settle down into some small town. I want my friends and social life back so I made some arrangements and I am moving in with one of my friends back in Bridgeport. Maybe someday we can put everything behind us and see each other again. But we shall see. here is my cell number just in case that day comes. I have your cell number already and no I will not give it to anyone. I know how you feel about that.
 Despite everything that has happened I love you sis! please take care of yourself!

                                                                                                     ~Gloria


I couldn't believe she had actually left, I didn't want to! I sat down with the note still in my hands and cried.



"I can't believe I am really on my own already!!" I thought to myself as I cried.

3 comments:

  1. Aw poor Haley! I quite like the idea of moving to a nice small town on my own at the moment though so i won't feel too bad for her! I bet she'll have plenty to keep her occupied soon enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naw poor Hayley. But what happened inbetween here why did they leave? I am sure I didn't miss a chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No you didn't miss anything. :) I lost almost everything after one of the updates but some how Haley and Gloria decided to still grace us with their presence. :D

    ReplyDelete