Thursday, October 20, 2011

Chapter 4.6 - Nothing But Dust In The Wind

After we got our luggage we haled a cab.

"7224 Cherrywood Drive please," I said

"You two are brave for coming back to Bridgeport so soon," Our cab driver said.

Julian and I looked at each other with a weird glance.

"What do you mean?" Julian asked him


"You didn't hear about the horrible natural disasters that happened here a couple days ago? Between the earthquake and the meteor showers, a lot of homes have been destroyed in your neighborhood Day and night it didn't stop at all."

As he was finishing his sentence we had pulled up to our driveway. I could not believe what we were looking at, there was no way this was our house. Looking at our house I could not believe it was still standing. Windows were blown out, the roof was caved in, the 2nd floor was barely standing, and all we could smell was burning wood and rotten garbage.


"Julian! What are we going to do?" I said crying uncontrollably.

"I...i'm not sure Mia," Julian said holding me close and staring at the house.


"Um, excuse me sir," Julian said turning to the cab driver "Do you know of any hotels around that might have an open room?"

Our cab driver took us to a hotel in the city and luckily they had a room open. It was a nice room, had a nice view, but it wasn't home. We settled into the room and I made some mac-n-cheese, I didn't know what else to do right now.




After we ate a little bit I pretty much moped around the room for the next few hours. I was devastated by what had happened, our house was destroyed, all of our belongings were gone except for a small box of stuff that I had picked up at City Hall, nothing to do except rebuild from the ground up once the property was cleaned up. Julian kept trying to cheer me up but I just wanted to be left alone for a little while. Between sitting on the floor crying and laying down on the bed in a daze, I was completely lost.


Julian had managed to contact a bunch of builders and arranged for for them to come over in a couple days to come up with a new floor plan for a new house. It was going to be very pricey but we had nothing else to pay for at the moment.

The next day I was feeling very sick and I figured it was only from the recent events but I went to see my doctor just in case, I didn't want to have a cold or anything from France.


When she came back into the room she told me I was pregnant. I was thrilled but very worried, how would we handle this when so much money was going to go into our new house?

"Julian," I said when I got back to the hotel,"I'm pregnant"

"That's great Mia!"

"Well yes, but how will we do this with all the money we are going to be out?"

"We will get through it hun, don't worry."

Over the next 8 1/2 months Julian took very good care of me, worked hard, and we both worked with the builders we had hired. We never had a bachelor/bachelorette party because we just didn't have the funds for it and getting married was put to the side for now. The following Monday at 3:30 in the morning I went into labor.

The next 2 hours went by so slow and I was in the worst pain imaginable. After pushing and pushing for what seemed like days we were blessed with a beautiful baby boy. We named him Angelo (he was out little Angel) and he was born with the Artistic and Heavy Sleeper traits.


When Angelo and I were released from the hospital a few days later I was disappointed that we weren't able to take him home, just to a crummy hotel room. After we got settled into the hotel and put Angelo in his pack-n-play, there was a knock on the door. When I opened the door I could not believe who was standing there.


"Bianca?"

"Mia! Finally I found where you guys were staying!"

"What happened to you? You look terrible! Are you on drugs?"

I knew this was a horrible thing to say after not seeing her for a long time but she looked like train wreck!


"Oh well, my job at the studio went south and Rob had to start working at the grocery store again as a cashier. But that isn't enough to pay our rent and bills so I had to get a job on the south side of bridgeport."


"Wait! That's the bad side of ton with the gangs and everything."

"I know but stripping pays the bills."

"Oh my god Bianca! get out of our hotel room now! I don't want to see you again until you have straightened out your life!"


I couldn't even think straight the next morning after kicking Bianca out of our hotel room. Even though I never really got along with my sisters they were still my family and I could not believe Bianca was now addicted to drugs and making money by taking her clothes off. I decided to take Angelo for a walk in his stroller to clear my head.


~~~~~

It had been almost a year since Bianca came over and I still did not know what to do. But my thoughts were cut short as Julian came running into the room.

"Mia!" Julian shouted running over to me.

"You scared me, what's going on?"

"Get Angelo ready and in the car while I get our stuff packed. Our house is finally finished!

"Finally!"


It didn't take long to get our stuff in the car since we didn't have much. The closer we got to our property the more anxious and nervous we got, but the almost two year wait was defiantly worth it when we saw the finished house.

No comments:

Post a Comment