Thursday, October 20, 2011

Chapter 3.4 - Betrayed Part 1

The next day I took a nice long bubble bath to relax my nerves and muscles from all of the stress. After my bath I sat down on my bed and read my new book but before I could get into it my phone rang.


"Hello"

"Elena, it's Vasil. Please tell me you have a moment to talk!"

"Yes Vasil, I do," I said with worry in my voice "is everything ok? What's going on?"

"Well, there is a bit of a panic going on around here. We received a tip from someone inside the police department that works for us that your maid, Delicia Hoover, is trying to ruin your family. While you guys have been at work she was collecting information on all of us and our business. She is planning on turning in all of the information to a detective in a couple days!"

"What! How could this happen, everything is locked away! How would she even know where to look?"

"I'm not sure but none of this can get out. If it does we will all be going to prison for life!"

"Don't worry, that wont happen. I will take care of her before tomorrow. I will also go to her apartment and get all of the information out of there."



"There is something else. She has been working very closely with a male in your town. But we don't know who this guy is yet."

"Don't worry, I will watch people around town and see if I can find anything."

"Ok, please let me know if you do."

I could not believe what was happening. How could she do this to our family, especially after everything we have done for her!

I didn't like doing what I had to do but before nightfall I had taken care of Delicia and disposed of her remains. That night I went around town and watched all of the males but did not notice anything out of the ordinary. On Monday afternoon I watched again and walked around town. I ended up at City Hall and immediatly I noticed John talking to a police officer. That didn't seem strange since he was a police officer, but I decided to eavesdrop anyway.

"Does she have any idea?" The officer said

"No, none, especially since she thinks I don't know anything about it." John said.

"Good, then I will meet with you again tomorrow."

As I layed in bed that night I could not believe everything that was going on. Could John really be trying to frame my family? If he was, why?

No comments:

Post a Comment