Thursday, October 20, 2011

Chapter 1.8 - Promotions & Catching Up

I stood there for a moment not knowing what to do or say. I could not believe that the chubby, geeky boy I grew up with was now a perfectly chiseled tan hunk!

"Antonio, I cannot believe it's you. You have changed so much."

"Well, it has been a long time Isa."

"Do you want to come in?"

"I actually have to go to the warehouse soon for a meeting so I don't have much time. I just wanted to stop by and let you know I was finally in town."

"I'm really glad you stopped by. I have to do some appearances for my agent tonight but maybe we can get together tomorrow or something."

"Sounds good Isa, give me a call."

"It was nice seeing you Antonio."

"You to!"


  As Antonio walked down the walkway, I closed the door and stood there. I don't know how long I stayed there but it must have been awhile because when I looked out the window it was just starting to get dark out. The sudden sound of my phone ringing scared me half to death.

"Isabella, it's your agent."

"Hi McAyla, what's up?"

"The owner of Aquarious wants to know if you re still willing to go over there and dance for a few hours tonight. They decided they will pay you §1,000."

"Yes, I am running a little late. I am heading there now."

  I needed something to keep my mind off of Antonio for a little bit again and dancing was a good start. After 3 hours of dancing I ordered a Carribbey Cooler and then went home and slept all night.


The next morning I got dressed and, even though I had a bit of a hangover, I called Antonio.

"Hi Anotnio, I was wondering if you wanted to meet me at Hogans Deep-Fried Diner for breakfast."

"Of course, I will be there within the hour."

  I drove to the diner, a little nervous because I still didn't know how to act around Antonio. He seemed so different now. After we had breakfast we sat outside and talked for a few more hours. His phone began ringing so he excused himself, got up, and answered the phone. It seemed like he was having a pretty heated discussion with the person on the other end.


"Is everything ok," I asked when he came back.

"Yes, no problems," He said "I have to go take care of some things but would you like to meet me at Steve's Business Complex and restaurant tonight for diner at 8 p.m.?"

"Defiantly, I look forward to it."



  When I got home I went to my bathroom, ran a nice hot bubblebath and got undressed and climbed into the tub. After my bath I got dressed and gussied up. I had to look hot on my date or...er....I mean my night out with an old friend. As I thought about what I had just called my night out I realized I needed a dress that was a little better than this one because this was a very formal restaurant. So I changed into my little black dress, it was the sexiest dress I owned right now, and I headed to the restaurant.

**Look at how he is looking at her in the last pic...awwww, the longing stare**

We ordered our food (Tri-tip Steak for Antonio and Lobster Thermioder for me) and while we were waiting we talked, laughed, and just enjoyed each others company.

We began eating our food when it arrived and as much as he enjoyed his steak my lobster was disgusting! So I called our waiter over.

"Is everything ok ma'am?"

"No, my dinner tastes disgusting. I want to send it back. Just bring me some sushi instead please."

"Of course ma'am, right away."

As he walked away Antonio stopped eating and apologized. He felt bad that my food wasn't cooked right.

"Antonio, it's not your fault," I said "They just have a..."

"Excuse me ma'am. Here is your sushi and I want to introduce you to our head chef, Chef Sucre."

"Hello," I said still upset.

"Ma'am, I am so sorry about your meal. I am working with some new chefs that are use to cooking in dives, not classy restaurants."

"It's ok, I was just disappointed since this is my first time here."

"Well, I appreciate it and I am going to take care of your bill. I would also like to present you with the Bravest Customer Ever Award and §500. We have seen a couple customers not enjoying thier meal but they wouldn't send it back. So thank you!"

"You are very welcome and thank you!"

  As the chef walked away, Antonio asked me if I would like to order some desert. Neither of us wanted the night to end yet so we both ordered some cheesecake. When the waiter came to get our dinner plates, he brought our cheesecake. After we finished out desert Antonio had to leave for work. I didn't mind too much because I had to be at work in 5 hours. As I walked outside I started to feel really weird. Next thing I knew I passed out(apparently my dinner was more than disgusting!) When I finally came to the chef was standing over me, looking very scared, and of course the paparazzi was taking pictures. The owner of the restaurant brought me some Ginger Ale and Pepto Bismol and sat with me until I began to feel better. I looked at the watch on the owners wrist and immediately jumped up (very light headed.) I thanked the owner, told him I was feeling much better, and ran to work before I was late.

  After doing a bunch of side jobs all I week I was paid §670. I was handed a thin package and note before I left work but I wasn't in the mood to read it right then. When i got home I took care of my garden again and sold my entire harvest for §1,452. When I sat down on the couch I read over the note.

   You've been given a thin package with this note. You need to deliver it to a contact in Champs Les Sims, France. Pass on this important document and report back to work to receive a raise.

  I immediately suspected that the package was the names of all the major crime bosses, including Antonio, on the continent. I purchased my plane ticket over the phone, cost §1,900, and I left for the airport. I had §9,812 in the bank but I knew not to spend all of it unless I absolutely needed to. As I waited for my plane ticket confirmation to come to my e-mail Antonio called.



"How are you feeling Isa?"

"Much better Antonio, thank you."

"No problem hun. I was wondering if you wanted to go dancing with me tonight."

"I'm sorry, I can't. I am leaving for a business trip right now. But I will call you when I get back and we can go out."

"Ok, sounds good. Be careful on your trip. I love you Isa."

  I hung up the phone without saying anything. He....loved me? I mean, we have been close since we were little kids but he has never said I love you to me before. What was going on, did I miss something?

*24 hours later*

  I arrived in France and decided to head straight to the contacts house. Lucky for me my boss had arranged for a limo to drive me around so I didn't have to look silly on one of those scooters. The contact was a nice elderly man dressed very well named Francois Lambert. He reminded me to let my boss know the package arrived safely. As he walked away his daughter, Jeannine Lambert, came up to me and asked me for my autograph. I love being noticed! :D


  I then walked across the street to The Catania Cafe and ordered french Toast for breakfast. Normally it cost a whopping §60 but I got it for free because the merchant recognized me. After breakfast I talked to a nice local, Adele Durand, and asked what places i should visit while I was here.


"Oh, be sure to visit all the shops here in the market, the Champs Les Sims Nectary, and the beautiful La Gallerie D'art!"

"Thank you very much!"

I went to the nectary first and purchased 2 bottles of nectar. Plasma fruit Pomelo Nectar and Pomegranate Plasma Fruit Nectar (they sounded good, even though I had no idea what Plasma fruit was.) It totaled to §1,227 but I only had to pay §720 because I got recognized again. I then asked the merchant if I could harvest the fruits from around the nectary and she said of course.


After I harvested the plants I went to the gallery and spent a couple hours there, looking at everything. I then decided it was time to go back home because I was tired and didn't feel like staying. I was left with §5,831, which wasn't too bad.
**Sorry for the lack of pictures but France wasn't loading right for some reason**

When I got home I noticed that I had received a Grand Piano, Majestic Grotto Hot Tub, and a VFN Kompensator from the manufacturer. So I decided to sell all of these since I needed the money and I got §53,000 for them. I then changed into my sleepwear and slept for a few hours.


When I woke up I showered and then started writing a trashy novel called Right, But Wrong. I received §18 for every few chapters I submitted. After writing half the novel I decided to take a break to call Antonio and let him know I was back home now since I promised him I would.



"Good, I'm glad you had a safe trip. Are you up for going out to diner?"

"I wish i could but I have to go to work in an hour."

"Oh ok, well....."

"How about I call you tomorrow morning and we can do breakfast again."


"Perfect, I need to talk to you about something anyway. It's kind of important to me."

"....Ok Antonio. I will talk to you in the morning."

  I got dressed for work after I hung up the phone. As I drove to work I wondered what Antonio wanted to talk about. Kind of made me nervous after what he said to me the day I left for France. As I walked into the warehouse my boss came up to me.

  "Isabella, I see the delivery went smoothly and I commend you for your discretion and professionalism. It's not easy to be a smooth criminal. I am giving you a §19 raise, so you will now be making §128/hour and your job performance has also gone up."

"Thank you very much sir!"

  I worked extra hard that night and was promoted to Bank Robber, with a bonus of §3,072. I am now making §154/hour and work Tuesday and Friday-Sunday. After sleeping for a couple hours I decided it was time for a new look. So i headed over to Barney's Salon and Tattoo and bought new clothes, re-did my make-up a little bit, and changed my haristyle. I loved my new look and I knew it would be a big hit with my friends.

I called Antonio and we decided to meet at Hogan's in an hour.

"Wow, Isa, you look stunning!"

"Thank you!"


We ate breakfast together and chatted for while.

"Look Isa, there is a reason why I wanted to see you today. A lot happened when you disappeared and it drove me crazy not knowing where you were and if you were ok," He said "then out of no where you call me and it felt like my life was back to one piece again."


"Antonio, what are you saying?"

"Isabella, I don't ever want to loose you again. I want you to be my girlfriend."

"Oh....um....um...Antonio, I can't do this right now. I am so focused on my career right now and I just....I can't..."


I stopped talking, got up, and walked quickly to my car. When I got to my car I could feel tears coming down my face but I quickly wiped them away because I had to head over to Steve's Business Complex to record a commercial for their new product, Llama Musk Perfume. It took a few takes for me to get it right, because I was still a bit upset, but after the third take I got it right and I earned §10,000(nice!) When I walked out of the building I saw the Glovers. I chatted with them for a bit, I had not seen them since they bought the house I renovated when I first moved here.

  When I got back home I finished writing Right, But Wrong (6 royalty payments of §162) and began writing a romance novel called The Lone Gentleman (§65 for every few chapters.) Not to long after I began the novel I recieved a call from Morgan hemlock. She wanted me to come to the formal party she was throwing. I got dressed and went to the party but left after 30 minutes to go to work because the party was so BORING! I did some side jobs at work but didn't recieve any money. there was a note on my car when i got off work so I opened it and read it.

  The organization is planning a job at the Landgraab Marine Science Facility. But first, they need you to case the joint. Go to Landgraab Marine Science Facility to look around a bit. Keep an eye out for good entry points, getaway routes, security guards, and the location of cameras. I will provide you with a job performance increase when all of this is finished.

  I stayed in my work uniform and headed to the science facility. it took a couple hours and it was pretty tricky (I almost got caught a couple times) but I eventually got all the information the organization needed. When I got home i finished writing my novel (6 royalty payments of §478, it was a flop though) and then I tended my garden like I do everyday.



  For the next couple days I kept to myself, I ignored my phone when it rang and didn't answer when ever my doorbell rang. I had too much on mind and a lot to think about, especially about Antonio. We have been friends since we were little, always together, and there were a couple times when we found ourselves almost crossing the friendship line. But we have both grown and changed throughout these years. Could it be, now that we are in the same city, that fate has brought us here and we are suppose to be together?

As I sat there thinking I got a text saying that the manufacturer has sent me an Ultimate Bungalow Bed. I sold it for §4,000 and I now had §76,772 saved up in my bank account. After I sold the bed I got a call from my agent.

"Isabella, I need to talk to you, it's important. Do you have a moment?"

"Yes I do, what's up?"

"Someone is spreading rumors about you, saying that you peed yourself in public!"

"WHAT!? What a bunch of lies! I would never do that!"

"You need to get to City Hall and sue right now!"

I got dressed and sped over to City hall extremely pissed off.

I sued for slander and ended up loosing my case, which pissed me off even more. So, I got some more information together and sued again. This time I won my case and received a judgment of §8,681. After I payed my court fees and lawyer fees I was left with §6,576. After court I cashed in the money from the money tree (receiving §954) and sold my harvestables for §3,963. I now had §86,429 in the bank. I then went home and planted the fruits I got from France.

  I also started another romance novel before work called The Mobster (convenient title.) When I got to work my boss came up to me.

"Good job! the information you've provided us is invaluable for the team performing the heist. Enjoy this job performance boost. Think of it as a "thank you" from us to you. Also, here is §2,000 as a bonus."

  I worked hard that night and was promoted to Cat Burglar with a bonus of §3,696. I was now making §257/hour and worked from 12 a.m. - 4 a.m. I didn't sleep well at all that night, I kept dreaming about Antonio.

1 comment:

  1. LOL, that gnome is totally spying on you! :P It's a plant, throw it out!

    ReplyDelete