Thursday, October 20, 2011

Chapter 4.3 - 7 Months Ago

The last month of school was great yet terrifying at the same time. Remembering back to that time depressed me  but through the 6 months of therapy I had to do I learned that remembering what had happened would eventually help me to move on.

~~~~~~
7 Months Ago

Julian and I had known each other for 5 months now and with each passing day our friendship grew.
Meeting at the Butterfly park was a wonderful idea. It was such a beautiful, sunny, spring day. The birds were happily chirping, butterflies flitting about, and the flowers were budding all over the place and they were so colorful. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, it was about 80 degrees outside and the sun was shining brighter than I had ever seen. We walked into a nice opening not to far from the beach, the perfect place for a picnic. After a lovely lunch consisting of potato salad and hamburgers, we packed everything up and played catch until we were both tired. Then we just stood around talking, it seemed like Julian had other plans aside from a beautiful day outside in the great city of Bridgeport. 





He looked at me differently today and I found myself becoming attracted to him, my best friend of all people. He took my hand and looked into my eyes.


"Mia this is going to sound crazy I know," Julian started as he took out a bouquet of roses and handed them to me, "I want you to be my girlfriend. I want us to be exclusive and I want to be your date to prom."


"Oh my gosh. Julian yes!" I threw my arms around him and we shared our first kiss.

After our kiss we watched the stars before having to get home before curfew.


While we were out Bianca's boyfriend, Rob Einstein, asked her to prom and Caterina's girlfriend, Maggie, asked her to prom.

All of us kids worked extremely hard at school and at work for the next 3 1/2 weeks. The Monday before prom we did our final fittings for our prom dresses and on Tuesday we had a school field trip to the Bridgeport Police Department. 




Julian and I were excited about prom and that night we were in shock because we beat the two most popular kids at our school and won the titles of Prom King and Queen. We danced all night long, took stunning pictures and enjoyed being in the company of all of our friends.



~~~~~
Meanwhile At Home

Christian and I had just finished cleaning up after having Lobster Thermidor for dinner. It was the first time we had the house to ourselves and we decided to make it a date night while the girls were at prom. After dinner we walked out to the backyard. Suddenly we heard footsteps behind us and then a strange voice.

"Turn around now, slowly!"

We turned around slowly, and we were instantly met with the barrel of a handgun. The tall blonde holding the gun had the meanest look on her face I had ever seen.

"What..what do you want?" I said slowly.

"Just to kill you," She said with a smirk on her face.

"Why?" Christian asked.


"Lets just say it will be a warning to your kids to sell their leadership in the Mafia and to never contact us again."

With that she fired the gun four times and the shots echoed throughout the neighborhood.


Back At The High School

"This was amazing!" Bianca said as we walked out of the high school and got into the limo.

"Yes it was, something to always remember," I said

As we pulled up towards our driveway we saw a bunch of squad cars and ambulances, lights flickering and flashing all over the place. We rushed out of the limo and up to the officer standing just outside of our gate.

"What's going on? What happened?" Caterina exclaimed.

"I'm sorry but there has been a terrible accident. Are you the daughters of Mr and Mrs Abruzzi?" The officer asked us


"Yes we are. Are our parents alright?" I asked very worried

"Your parents were shot, they died before we got here. We found this on the kitchen counter." He said as he handed us a piece of paper.

I took the paper and read it out loud to my sisters and our boyfriends/girlfriend.

"If you don't want anyone else in your family to die then you better sell the leadership role immediately and to never contact any of us again. This was a sign to show you all how serious we are."

"What does that mean?" Bianca asked

"Yea, what leadership role are they talking about?" Caterina asked

"I'm not sure. mom and Dad never said anything about a leadership in anything."



~~~~~~~
5 Months Later

My sisters and I hadn't done anything all summer and even though school had started again, we just didn't care. We did all of our assignments and turned them in so we wouldn't get in trouble but we were like drones every single day. Julian, Rob, and Maggie came over every single day to make sure we were alright, they were the only people that could brighten our days even if it was just for a little bit.

Today was our birthdays and we decided that it was only going to be the six of us. After mum and dads funeral we didn't want to see anybody else for awhile. Maggie, Rob, and Julian had aged up that morning before coming over so we were a little surprised to see them a little bit older.

Bianca was up first ~ Star Quality ~ Superstar Actor


Caterina ~ Computer Whiz ~ Distinguished Director


Mia ~ Nurturing ~ CEO of a Mega-Corporation


To me Julian looked the same,hot as ever.


Present Day
Today is the day we would find out who would be the heir to our families estate and we were all anxiously awaiting our lawyers phone call.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, that old chicken coming home to roost. Truth be told, I hope that they DO get out of the mafia game. It's not good for relatively nice people to try to run gangs.

    ReplyDelete