Thursday, October 20, 2011

Chapter 5 - Our Babies :(

Just a few months had passed since I was able to get Bianca her job back and now she seemed more alive than ever. She was working almost every single day, constantly doing interviews, being a spokesperson for anti-drug ads, and making appearances on many t.v. shows.

While the kids were playing and Julian was making dinner, I was trying to finish up some last minute paperwork for a big meeting with a potential client that my office would be meeting with the next day.




**Knock Knock**

"Mia?" Bianca said as she slowly opened the door," Do you have a moment?"

"Not really sis but come on in and sit down."

"How are you feeling? You look great, I love the new makeover."

"I am feeling great and thank you. I want you and Julian to know how much I have appreciated all of your help. I could never have gotten through any of this without your help. But I have some major exciting news!"

"Oh yea?"


"Yes, first I got a makeover because I have been promoted to feature Actress. I landen the role in the new horror movie Descent 2 that comes out next summer."

"That's awesome Mia!"

"That's not all, I finally have enough money saved up to get my own place which is perfect because I have to move to Bled Island for this new role."

"You're moving out...already?" It made me sad to hear this because I have loved having Mia with us these past couple years.

"Yes, but if it's ok with you I would like to stay until after the kids birthdays and maybe a couple weeks after that. I don't want to miss them grow up."

"Of course it's ok Bianca!"


I gave Bianca a big hug and then we heard Julian calling us for dinner. We all sat down as a family and had spaghetti for dinner. It was nice, talking about nearly everything and as we were finishing up the girls decided to toss their food all over the place. We all chuckled a little and cleaned everything up, then us adults watched terror t.v. and exclaimed about how Bianca would be on this channel soon.





"Mommy, Mommy!" Angelo called as I was coming downstairs.

"I'm right here Angelo."

"I want you to come meet my friend."

"Friend? Wait, why do you have a friend over at 9:30 at night, especially on a school night?"

"My friend said to call him Scotty, he's right here."

As Angelo pointed next to him i realized what was going on.



"Hunny, that's not a real friend, you made up an imaginary friend to keep you company."

"What are you talking about mom, he's right here."

Angelo got a confused look on his face and walked away towards the playset. I watched him as he got on the seesaw and was shocked to see him actually seesawing back and forth. How in the world was he doing that by himself?



It was time to make an appointment with the school counselor to see if she has noticed anything strange with Angelo at school. But first I needed to concentrate on the kids birthdays tomorrow. We were finally going to have the whole family over and I was very excited. I hadn't seen most of my family in so many years.



The next morning I made crepes for breakfast, finished cleaning the house, and then set out all of the balloons and cakes for the party. We were all anxious to see our family and not long after we were done everyone showed up. Hours of laughing, joking, and catching up later it was time to light the candles and celebrate the kids birthdays as they all were overcome with the familiar shimmering sparkles.



Our kids were getting so big, neither of us could believe how smoothly their childhood had been so far but we weren't complaining. If their whole life could run this smooth we would be happy but we knew that wouldn't happen. Wishful thinking I guess.

(top to bottom - Angelo, Haley, Tara, and Gloria)

"Hey mom."

"Yes Angelo," I said as I came back from throwing away all the garbage from the party.

"Do you care if I go downtown with Scotty?"

"Angelo! You have got to forget about Scotty, he's not real!"

I could see the hurt in his eyes but he was a teenager now and he needed to realize the truth.

"I'm sorry but until you give up this imaginary friend you wont be going out and I wont be teaching you to drive."

"Gosh, this is bullshit! I will prove to you AND dad that he is real!"

Before I could say anything to Angelo about the language he dared to use towards me, he stormed off and locked himself in his room.

No comments:

Post a Comment