Monday, October 24, 2011

Chapter 5.6 - A Fresh Start?

"So why are we in this small town now?" Gloria asked me as the cab driver drove us to our new house.

"Because we can't stay in Bridgeport and because it is time for us to come back to where everything began."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I don't know Gloria. Can we just get home and finally relax please?"

"Yea sure, whatever."

 As our driver began to slow down and turn into a dirt driveway I looked out the window at the property surrounding us and my eyes widened. The property was amazing and the house was beautiful!


  There was a big barn, with what looked like, a 2nd floor and a huge section of the front yard was fenced in, probably for horses. I looked at Gloria hoping to see happiness in her eyes and instead all I saw was disgust and hatred. Our new home at 1007 Pomona Promenade was a lot different than when we lived in Bridgeport but i didn't care. I had a feeling that this was where i was meant to be and I wanted to make it work.



 Once we got our bags inside we took a look at the interior of the house. It was nice and somewhat rustic looking, it could use a more modern look but other than that....

"Are you kidding me?! We have to live HERE now? This place is just..."

"Gloria, please stop it! This place is beautiful and after we update the interior a little it will look even more amazing!"

"Yea, I don't know why you are saying "we" but I am NOT helping redo this run down shack."

I shook my head as she walked away. How could she be so stubborn? This place was to be our new home and it defiantly was not a run down shack. Instead of trying to go reason with Glori, I pulled out my laptop, phone, pen and paper and began looking up places to order our new furniture, flooring, and everything else from. It took the whole day to get everything ordered (while Gloria was doing nothing but reading and sitting in the sun) but I found a bunch of great stuff and by the time I placed my last phone call I was very happy with what I had ordered.






Gloria came in as I put my stuff away virtually ignoring me.

"Are you hungry?" I asked her as she took a soda from the fridge "I can make...."



"No, i'm going to bed." She said going out of the kitchen and upstairs.


I grabbed a glass of sweet tea from the fridge and decided I should head to bed as well. It was a long day and tomorrow was going to be just as long.


1 comment: