Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Chapter 5.7 - The Strangeness

"Haley"

I opened my eyes and was blinded with sunlight. It took my eyes a few moments to adjust to the light. When they finally did I immediately began to observe my surroundings. It looked like I was back in Renaissance Italy at some elegant looking tea party in a fancy garden. I was wearing a beautiful gown with dark cherry red jewels all over the deep red satin fabric. My hair was pulled up in an elegant up-do and just a touch of makeup.



"Haley, sit."

It was then that I noticed the lady standing near the table. She was dressed in dress a bit more elegant than mine but in a beautiful blue color. Her hair was in an up-do as well and I noticed she had not looked up at me yet.



"Who are you? Why am I here?"

"You are here because I need to tell you something and because we are family," She said as she brought her head up and looked over at me.



"Great Great Nonna Isabella," I said in disbelief. "I have seen many pictures and heard many stories about you. I was always so amazed by you. I wanted to learn so much about you but I don't understand what has happened these past few years and I why mum can't tell me more."

Everything will be clear soon my dear but for now you need to do something for me. You need to go back, back to where it all began."


"Back to where? Where what began?"


"Apaloosa Plains and it will all be clear in time."

With that she was gone and everything around me began to disappear.


I was suddenly woken up by the sounds of birds chirping out my window and then the sound of my cell phone beeping for voice mails. I rubbed my head trying to wake myself up a little bit more and to distract myself from the weird dreams I was having since before we got here. But now that we were finally here what was it I was supposed to be doing.


Shaking my head I put my thoughts to the side and got out of bed. I grabbed my cell and checked my messages while I made some tea.



A few messages were to confirm delivery of the stuff I ordered and the rest where from friends back in Bridgeport (I had all calls forwarded to my new cell without giving anyone my new cell number.) I felt like crying, I missed them all so much but for reasons I didn't understand I had to loose contact with everybody, no matter what the circumstance was. For two girls who just turned 21, it was hard to put their friends and entire social life to the side and move somehwhere where not a single person knew them.


 I deleted all of the messages and wrote down the delivery times.

As I drank my cup of coffee and finished cooking my pancake Gloria came in and grabbed some juice.



"Morning," I said sitting at the table, noticing the no eye contact again "How did you sleep?"

"Fine," She said sitting at the table.

"Okay.....are you hungry?"


"If I was hungry I would get it myself Haley."


"Gloria, you don't need to be so cold. You could at least try to make this work."

She got up, threw her box in the trash and turned away.

"Nope," She said as she headed back upstairs.


Whatever kind of funk she is in, I thought to myself, she better snap out of it real quick!

I finished my breakfast, washed my dishes, and then showered and changed.



As I put our clothes in the old washer the doorbell rang. I opened the door noticing two moving trucks in our driveway and walked down the stairs to greet the gentleman at our door.

"Hello Miss....."He started as he looked at his paper, "Abruzzi."

It was then that he finally looked at me and he didn't say anything else. he just stood there and stared at me.

"Hi," I said noticing his creepy staring, "is something wrong??"


"Ummmmm, no," He said quickly looking away and adding, "All of your deliveries are here, please sign on the line."

I signed the paper and then he turned away going back to the trucks, almost in a full run.



Well, that was odd...


None of the other workers acted strange like the one guy and they all worked extremely hard. One by one each room was taken apart and redesigned. I was amazed at the quality of everything I ordered. It all looked much better than it did online.


I planned on walking through town today but by the time everything was completed it was almost 9 at night, so i just headed to bed.

Oh well, I can always walk through town tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment