Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Chapter 5.9 - A New Job

 The next morning I woke with a pit in my stomach and the feeling of 100 lb weights on my shoulders. I was so depressed that Gloria left and I didn't know what to do without her support. I slowly worked my way to the shower and then got dressed before having a quick breakfast.



After breakfast I did laundry eventually got on the computer and spent a couple hours filing out resumes.




It was extremely annoying  and repetitive but I kept at it for awhile.

"Oh my gosh, I can't do this anymore," I thought to myself as I shut my laptop "Maybe gardening will relax me."

 After gardening for an hour I still felt like I had weights on my shoulders.



Without thinking twice i was jogging down the street, no idea where I was going, and without even bothering to put exercise clothes on. All I could think about was my only family member abandoning me, how messed up my life had become, and still no idea why I had to move to this town. It was starting to get to me and i felt more lost than ever. it was times like these  I wished i still had my mum to turn to. At that moment everything crashed down on me at once and i broke down crying. Even though I was hurting on the inside it felt good to cry, like the bad toxins were coming out in my tears.

Suddenly I heard an odd noise that I had never heard before. When I looked up I saw two beautiful horses standing under the pier at the beach. I didn't realize I had even ran this far but I sat there for awhile and watched them.



 On my way home I saw a Komodo Dragon and a beautiful Macaw.


 When I got home I changed since my other clothes were now all sweaty. My phone began to ring and although I did not recognize the number I answered it.



"Hello?"

"Hello, is Miss Abruzzi available please?"

"This is she."

"Hello, Miss Abruzzi, my name is Mr. Gerini. I am the principle here at Appaloosa High. Our district superintendent faxed me your resume and I was hoping you could come in for an interview at 4 today."

"Oh yes...yes i can. Thank you!"

"See you soon."

I didn't have time to go buy a nice interview outfit so I put on an outfit that was perfect for the chilly weather we were having today. After fixing my make-up and brushing my hair one last time I got in my car and headed to the school.

 School had let out at 2 so the halls weren't crowded and the principals office was not busy. I let the secretary know I was there for an interview. With an almost jealous look running across her face she told me to take a seat and she would let Mr. Gerini know I was here.

"Miss Abruzi," the secretary said a moment later "Mr. Gerini will see you now."

 Mr Gerini's office was very clean and modern looking. Mr Gerini was sitting at his desk when I walked in and he looked older than he sounded but sophisticated at the same time.


"Welcome to Appaloosa High Miss Abruzzi. Please have a seat," He said with a smile.

 After introductions, going over my resume, and talking about my background (what i could remember) he began to go over the teaching position that was available.

"Now, the teaching position that we have isn't to major but we need to fill it. We have a few students here that are pretty popular but their Geography grades are... well lets just say their Geography grades stink. We need to find someone that can grasp the attention of these students and get them to study harder and keep their grades up.


"Okay, that shouldn't be a problem at all."



"Also, all of these kids are in a sport here and if they don't get their grades up soon they will be kicked off their teams."


"Don't worry Mr Gerini, if I am hired I will have these kids grades up in no time."


"Well, Miss Abruzzi," He said standing up and putting his hand out "Welcome to Appaloosa High as our new Geography teacher."

"Thank you," I said shaking his hand.

As I walked out of the school I had a huge smile on my face. I finally had a job and I had a chance to really help some kids.

 After I left the school I drove to a few stores and bought some new clothes and some new make-up. I bought a bit more than I should have but it was well worth it and besides at least my closet was full now.



I also bought a new laptop since mine was getting old and all of the books and supplies I needed for teaching.

2 comments: