Thursday, October 20, 2011

Chapter 1.3 - A New Job

After getting some much needed rest, I spent the next day reading my skill books. On Monday morning I woke up feeling pretty confident and I knew that today would be the day I got a job. I headed over to Plumbob Pictures Backlot on 56 1st Avenue and asked the young lady at the desk for an application. She handed it to me, I filled everything out, and handed it back to her.

"You don't have any experience as an actor," She said after looking at my application "Not even a drama class in high school?"

"No, we never had classes like that."

"Pfft, good luck getting hired here. My boss is to strict to even consider you!" She said smirking.

About 20 minutes later I was told I could go into Mr. Ashton's office so i entered the office and sat down.

"Well, Miss Abruzzi, I was completely shocked when I read your application," He said "I would like to know why you are interested in acting when you have no experience at all."

"I have always loved watching people act," I started "I use to pretend I was an actress when I was real little and my mum use to tell me I was made for it because I am dramatic. I guess, in short, I am doing this for my late mum because it was always something she wanted me to do."

"I am sorry for your loss but I think your dream is fantastic," He said "I am going to hire you on as a background extra and if you do well you can get many promotions."

"Really?! Oh, thank you so much Mr Ashton!"

"No, thank you Miss Abruzzi. I would have been a fool to not put your beautiful face on t.v."

  He then had me sign my contracts and gave me my work schedule. I would be working Monday -  Friday from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. and I would be making $21/hour. After I signed everything I decided to join the next tour of the movie set to see where I would be working.


  After my first day of work I went to the Banzai Lounge to celebrate. I spent the entire evening chatting with many locals and dancing the night away. I was finally at level 2 of celebrity status, Notable Figure, and I felt like I was on cloud 9. After having to be scared for my life back in Rome, I felt like everything was getting back to normal for once!

No comments:

Post a Comment