Thursday, October 20, 2011

Chapter 3.6 - New Beginnings

It has been six months since John's "accident" and I was still so upset. Upset that I had let him into our home, upset that I had put my family in jeopardy, upset that I was betrayed by the man that I thought loved me, and upset that I was so far from carrying on my family legacy. I was beginning to feel like I was letting my parents down and not fulfilling their expectations. I didn't know what I was going to do.


Stefan and I both had interesting days at work today. I had to hold a neighborhood free clinic at the park and there were so many people! It was very overwhelming at first but I eventually got into a good rhythm. Stefan had to deal with a small house fire and he was shocked to see it was at Damon and Morrigan's penthouse. Thank to his quick acting he was able to put out the fire before any major damage occurred. As I was driving home I passed a car dealership and spotted a brand new 2010 Chevy Camaro. It was a great looking car and I decided to trade in my old car, that had over 180,000 miles on it already.


Instead of going straight home I went to the store, bought a couple new outfits, got changed and went to Aquarius. I spent the whole night dancing and drinking and for the first time in 6 months I forgot all about John.




It wasn't until I got home that I began to feel weird and realized that maybe I had drunk way to much. I went into my room and ended up falling asleep on my lounger again, in my bathing suit.


"Oh my gosh," I thought to myself the next morning as I sat up," I drank to much."

I couldn't figure out how Damon and Alexis could get drunk every night. I slowly got up and was immediately hit with a nasty headache. I walked into the bathroom, took some aspirin with water, and then looked in the mirror.

"EWWW!" I shouted

My mascara was smeared down my face and my hair was all messed up. My clothes looked so dirty and I was just disgusted. I immediately took a shower, redid my make-up, brushed my hair, and changed clothes.




Later that day Joanna worked out for a few hours while I got some work done. Then later on that night Joanna and I had a girls night while Stefan went to Alexis's house for a party. We ate spaghetti and then ice cream, watched a few chick flicks, and just hung out and chatted.

"Elena, I am really sorry for how my brother treated you," Joanna said.

"I am to," I said, "But I am over it now, so it's alright."

"Well, that's good. I just had no idea he was such a scum bag!"

"I wish I had found out sooner but I can't change anything now."


"It's been awhile since he died and I noticed you have not even dated anyone since then," Joanna said with curiosity in her voice.

"I just don't think I can trust anyone right now to be honest."

"Well, if you don't mind I would like to throw a party tomorrow for my birthday and invite a friend of mine from work who you just might get along with."

"Oh, I don't know Joanna, I don't think matchmaking is a really good idea," I said, very hesitant at the thought.

"Oh please, I promise you will like him," She said, staring at me while I thought about it.


"Ok, I don't mind," I said "Sounds like it could be fun."

After talking about the party some more, we watched another movie and fell asleep on the couch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The party was a blast and Joanna introduced me to Christian Rollins and wow was he hot. I was a little weary to get even remotely close to him but we still got along.

We sat at the fire pit after the party, roasted marshmallows, and chatted for a couple hours.




Then Christian helped Joanna, Stefan, and I clean up before leaving. Once I was sure he was gone and Stefan and Joanna were upstairs, I went into my office and picked up the phone.

"Hello Vasil, I need you to do a background check on a guy named Christian Rollins."


"Yes ma'am, I will call you back in an hour."

As I waited for him to call me back I sat down and did some more work that needed to be done before going to the hospital the next day. An hour later I was very nervous as I heard my phone begin to ring.

"Elena, you will be very happy to hear that Mr. Rollins background is clean."

"Great news! What else did you find out about him?"

"He got a law degree at Harvard, went into the Army after college, and then joined the police force after doing 5 tours in Iraq. He has a bronze star and a purple heart among many other medals."

"Amazing," I said "Thank you, I will call you if I need anything else."


I hung up the phone feeling completely relieved. Maybe this was a sign that things would be getting better soon! A couple days later I had to do another free clinic and of all the people that could have should up that day, Christian comes walking up. He still made me turn red and stumble a little bit but after doing some tests I told him he was fine, he just had a common cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment