Friday, March 30, 2012

Chapter 8.7 - A Beautiful Surprise

  We couldn't believe that Brielle had actually moved out, where would she even go? I felt bad that we had all gotten into a fight but what we said to her was the truth whether she wanted to admit it or not. There was a not on the front door from her when we got home.

  Haley and Luca,
      I feel completely humiliated that you guys of all people would talk to me the way you did. I do not regret anything I said either because it is all true. If you want an heir that is going to spend all of your hard earned money in expensive stores and on trips to the salon then so be it but I don't want any part of it.
     I am moving far away from this crappy town and far away from our delusional family. I am NOT telling any of you where I am moving too either because I refuse to have you guys come running to me when dumb ass Lexi runs you guys into the dirt with debt.

                                                                         Sincerely,
                                                                           Brielle
     P.S. BTW, Roxy is coming with me because I will not have my cat on the street when you guys get evicted and are forced to live on the streets.


  Luca, Lexi, and I were talking about Brielle's note as we walked into the living room and saw Chase and Jolene (we assumed) sitting on the couch anxiously waiting for us.


"Why are you two here?" Luca demanded, still ticked off at how Chase had thrown away his life.

"Mum, dad, I wanted to introduce the two of you to my wife, Jolene."

"Hello Mr and Mrs Abruzzi," Jolene said very shyly and looking just a bit ashamed.

"Hello Jolene," I said noticing that she did NOT look like she was 7 months pregnant "Why does she look like she is going to burst into tears?"


"Her parents kicked her out last night, we spent most of the night at the hospital because..."

"They had every right to, you guys have been so irresponsible!" Luca said rather loudly.


"Well, we are staying here for now because we have a good reason but don't worry we will be gone in a month. Now what I was trying to say is we had to spend all night in the hospital because all of this drama was stressing Jolene out and she was getting bad pains in her abdomen." Chase said stopping for a moment "After 11 hours we were finally released from the hospital. If you would, please, come up to my...our room we would like to introduce you both to your granddaughter and Lexi your niece."

  Luca and I were hesitant at first but we eventually followed everyone upstairs. The instant we laid eyes on our beautiful granddaughter we fell in love.


"The doctor said that she will always be on the smaller side because she was delivered so early but other than that she is completely healthy." Chase said with a smile.

"She's beautiful," Luca said smiling at the little girl "What is her name?

"Raelyn," Jolene said with a smile when suddenly Raelyn began crying "She is probably hungry now, would you excuse us please?"

  Luca, Lexi, Chase, and I left Jolene and Raelyn alone and went back downstairs.

"I know you guys don't approve of how quickly my life has changed but I want you guys to see how happy I am," Chase said "Also, I talked to the couch from the Llamas team and explained my situation and they are more than willing to work with me."


"That's good to hear Chase, Luca said with a smile "I know we were harsh on you in Venice and said things that we shouldn't have said but we are just worried about you and it was a lot to take in at one time."


"I completely understand that dad, we are just happy that you guys are talking to us. By the way, who did you guys choose and where is Brielle? I didn't hear her at all when you guys got here."



"We chose Lexi and as far as Brielle is concerned read this," I said handing Chase the letter "Then imagine those words on a harsher scale and said out loud."

"Wow," Chase said after he read the letter, then he looked at Lexi "I know you probably already heard this but don't listen to Brielle. You are a very talented person and ambitious. I know that if you work as hard as you possibly can and stay away from any and all bad influences you will be just as amazing as you are now/ Don't let one person discourage you from what you want in life. As far as our family funds go, you are way to responsible to spend it all or to run this family into the ground! Don't you ever forget that and always remember that we are always here for you if you ever need anything!"


  This made Lexi tear up a bit because she needed to hear this from one of her siblings and not just Luca and I. After wiping her tears away Chase gave Lexi a hug and told her that it was all going to be fine.


  The next week Luca and I took Lexi to meet with our lawyer. We had a ton of paperwork to go over and sign but when we were done everything was in Lexi's name and it was now up to her to take responsibility and control everything.



No comments:

Post a Comment