Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Chapter 8.5 - Family vacation

  We arrived in Venice at 10 a.m., climbed into a taxi with all of our luggage and were on our way to our vacation home and we could not wait to show the triplets the house...our house.

"Who's house is this?" Chase asked looking at Luca then looking out the taxi window again at the house "Are we staying with someone?"

"Nope," Luca said "This is our vacation home."

"No way!" Lexi said jumping out of the taxi as soon as it stopped "You're kidding right?!"

"It is ours," I said laughing "My parents left us this house as our vacation home."

"Wow!" Brielle said as she stood a few steps away from us "Beautiful."


  After getting our luggage inside and unpacking we showed the triplets around the property before letting them go off on their own for the day. We asked them to be back at the house by 6 p.m. for dinner. Brielle left for the art museum, Chase went for a long bike ride, and Lexi took her acoustic guitar to the back yard and began playing a song she had written after Colton dumped her.




  She was still so upset about Colton and I didn't know what to do to help her through this and she wasn't the only one acting like this. Now Chase was distracted and missed Jolene already and we hadn't even been gone for a full day yet. But for some reason Chase was acting very strange, he was being jittery and nervous and always playing with his hands. Something was bothering him and I hoped he would tell us what was on his mind and soon.

  The next day Luca and I decided to take the kids on adventures, just one more fun thing to do here in Venice aside from the beautiful sights and delicious food.


"I'm not going," Brielle said

"Why not?" I asked trying to not get mad.

"It sounds lame, that's why." Brielle said getting an attitude

"Brielle, you need to stop this!" Luca said becoming very upset "We are trying to include you in family outings and all you do is give us an attitude."

"Well, stop coming up with ideas that are so damn boring!" Brielle said before getting up and going outside.


  The four of us just sat there looking at each other in shock. We all knew Brielle was more of a loner but for her to just snap at us for trying to include her was not normal at all.

"So it's just us then?"

"I guess so Lexi," I said a bit sad "Luca, have you decided where you are going to take Chase?"


"Yes," Luca said perking up "We are going to the Chateau Du Landgraab."

"Oh, good choice," I said excited for them "Lexi, you and I will be going to the Forgotten Burial Mound."

"Fun," Luca said with a smile.


  Lexi and Chase anxiously got changed, we packed our supplies, and left for our destinations. I left a note for Brielle before we left so she wouldn't be worried about us if we weren't back tonight.

Brielle,
 I am sad that you are not going on the adventures with us, maybe you will come with next time. Just so you know if it gets to late or if any of us get tired we will be staying at our destinations in the tents we have packed, So don't be worried, we will all be okay. If you could please run down to the market while we are gone and the get the items from the shopping list I wrote out I would appreciate it. I want to make a special dinner for you guys because your father and I need to talk to the three of you, it's important.
                                                                                     I love you!
                                                                                        Mum

Haley and Lexi
 As Lexi and I walked up to the Forgotten burial mound Lexi stopped and stared at our destination wide eyed.

"Ummmm, mum is this where we are really going?"

"Yes it is," I said as I turned around and saw her reaction "It's okay Lexi, we aren't staying in the graveyard, we are going underneath it. Don't worry, I have been here before."

We made out way to the back of the cemetery and I showed Lexi where to stand to reveal the stairs.




  As we made our way down the stairs our adventure began. I was pleasantly surprised at how well Lexi handled everything, she even took charge of getting us through the tomb.


















   I also wondered a few times how the boys were doing on their adventure.














 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  The previous day was very long and tiring. Chase, Lexi, Luca, and I ended up not getting home until 6 this morning. We all went to bed as soon as we got back to the house and ended up not waking up until 5 p.m. Luca and I decided to wait a little bit before we announced our news. For now we all had a small meal and hung out for a bit before going back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment