Friday, March 23, 2012

Chapter 8.3 - Big Dreams

  It was late Saturday afternoon and I was making Cheese Tofu Steak for dinner. Lexi invited Colton over for dinner so we could meet him and I decided to make his favorite food. We were nervous about meeting him but I had hoped that this would make a good impression on him. As I finished plating dinner I heard the doorbell ring followed by the sound of Lexi inviting Colton in.

"Hello Mrs Abruzzi," Colton said extending his hand "it's nice to finally meet you."

"Hello Colton, you to," I said shaking his hand before Lexi took him to meet Luca.

  I figured Luca was going to be a bit hard on him, military men normally were. they want the best for their children and they don't want some punk coming in and ruining their kids lives. After introductions were made I called everyone to the table.

"This is very good Mrs Abruzzi," Colton said "thank you for making it."

"You're welcome Colton," I said with a smile.

"So, Colton," Luca said after finishing his food "Do you have any plans for after high school?"

"Well Mr Abruzzi I am really concentrating on furthering my music skills right now. I am considering going to college to get a degree in the music field, maybe become a music producer some day."


  "That's a nice plan," Luca said with a smile before looking at Lexi "Maybe you guys can work together someday since you both love music."

That made almost all of us smile, of course Brielle was grumpy.

"Sure, support her dreams and her stuck of boyfriend but nobody else. Of course!" Brielle said quickly standing up and storming up to her room.

"Brielle!" I yelled to her

"Haley," Luca said taking my hand "just let her cool off."

"I'm so sorry Colton," Lexi said as I sat back down "I don't know what has gotten into her lately."


"It's alright Lexi, no worries" Colton said with a sympathetic look "My brother use to be exactly like that. I am use to it, just give Brielle some time."

  Luca and I looked at each other in awe. This kid was amazing, he had dreams, he cared for Lexi so much, and he was very caring. Wow!


  Lexi and Colton spent all of their free time together (and Chase and Jolene did too.) They were always going to the movies, having picnics on the beach, in our pool, going to the park, walking Cleo together, and jamming out on her guitar and drums.





  One weekend Lexi and Colton went out on their second date. First they went out for dinner and then they went to the Watering Hole Saloon to have some fun. They sang karaoke together, challenged each other to table video games, and Colton decided to show off by going on the PlasmaPunch Gyroscopic Conductor. Lexi could not believe he actually got on that thing, it looked so scary, especially when he fell out of it which caused Lexi to giggle.







  When Colton brought Lexi home he walked her to the front door and they shared their first kiss.





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  It was Senior year and while Lexi and Colton were looking forward to Senior Prom and Graduation, Brielle was at LeFromage Art School. It was hard sending her away but she had saved up enough money to register there from work. She refused to be at the same school as her brother and sister and all of their friends. We either agreed to let her go to boarding school or she was going to be a high school drop out.

  Lexi and Chase were getting straight A's in school and they were excelling in their after school clubs. Lexi had even saved up enough money from work to buy herself a Gibson Flying V guitar and a drum set, both in pink of course.



  After school one day Chase and Lexi asked us to sit down with them because they both had something important to talk to us about.

"So, who is first?" Luca asked worried that something very bad was going on.

"I'll go first" Chase said "Well, this Friday is our last football game and coach told us that there is going to be a scout from the Llama team at the game. If all goes as planned at the game I plan on trying out for the Llama team in about a month. I want to become an athlete, a successful athlete."

"Wow, a scout, really?" I said "That is fantastic Chase!"

"Yes, son amazing!" Luca said clapping, "you are going to be great!"


"Now my turn," Lexi said wiggling in her seat "I have really been enjoying my music club and it has helped me decided what I want to do with my future. I want to become a singer."



"A singer Lexi?" Luca said concerned because that is a hit or miss career.

"Yes dad, I do but" Lexi said pausing "I want to stay here with you guys and help out with everything while I work my way up."

"Lexi that is so thoughtful of you," I said trying not to bring tears to my eyes. I always worried that our kids would all move away after high school and that we would barely ever see them.



  Over the next few weeks Lexi and Chase prepared for and attended their Senior Prom followed by Graduation.

No comments:

Post a Comment