Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Chapter 8.6 - Life Changing News

  We have been in Venice for a week now and it has defiantly been a great experience for the kids. They have seen so many sites, enjoyed food they have never had before, and learned about a new culture. Although this was not the main reason why we brought them here and it was time to get to that point before it was too late.

  That evening I made a rather big meal since this was a celebration, at least for Luca and I. I made Ratatouille, Shrimp Cocktail, a Cheese Plate, and an Olive Platter. While we ate we talked about our adventures and Brielle actually talked to us and told us about the Art Museum.





  After I did the dishes Luca and I sat down with the kids in the backyard to talk.



"Alright you guys," Luca said breaking the silence "I know we have all had a lot of fun this past week but we came here for a much bigger reason."

"In just a few days your father and I will become elders and a lot of responsibilities will have to change. As you know my parents, your Nonna and Nonno, left your father and I this house in their will along with $30,000 to help us with bills and such."


"Mum, dad...."Brielle interrupted "What is this about?"


"Well, we want to make sure you guys are taken care of and that we make the right decision when it comes down to who will take responsibility of money, both houses, and everything."

"Ummm....mum, dad," Chase said seeming to be panicking "I'm sorry to interrupt you guys but I need to tell you guys something before you go any further. It is extremely important and I cannot wait any longer, my nerves are shot from keeping this all in."


"Chase, what's wrong son?"

"I really should have told you guys this months ago but...ummm...ugh...Jolene and I are having a baby. She is just over 7 months pregnant now."

Flashback


  Not a single word was said, everyone of us stared at Chase for what seemed like forever. Brielle and Lexi looked at their father and I, waiting for us to explode, noticing our faces becoming red with anger. Right as Luca was about to say something Chase began again.

"There is more," He said, Luca and I glanced at each other "I proposed to Jolene and the day before we came to Venice Jolene and I went to Bridgeport and eloped. That is why I missed school and was late for work."



Flashback Again










"What in the hell is wrong with you Chase?!" Luca shouted in anger getting up "How could you throw your life away like this?"


"I didn't throw anything away and besides we love each other very much!" Chase said getting up to.

"What were you thinking Chase? This is not like you at all, we raised you better than this!" I said breaking down in tears "You just graduated, you are leaving for training camp in a week and a half!"

"You know what, just because Jolene and I are going to have a baby and we got married so young does not mean I cannot still be an athlete and provide for my family at the same time!"


  Sick of the drama Chase got up and left for the airport, he was sick of the arguing and wanted to be at home with his pregnant wife. We couldn't trust Chase to handle our legacy because of all the dumb decisions he was constantly making so now we were left with Brielle and Lexi.

"We still need to finish this discussion," Luca said "Your brother is obviously not going to take over everything, he has made to many bad decisions."


"Yes we do," I said calming down a little bit "Now Brielle the only thing that worries us about making you the heir and having you take over everything is you have made it very clear that you are a loner. In order for you to carry on our family legacy you need to get over that and meet someone and have your own children. We are worried that this will probably never happen."


  Luca nodded when I said this but Brielle just rolled her eyes. When I looked at Luca I knew he saw what she did and after looking back at me our decision was final.

"You know this is not an easy decision at all for us but after the reactions we have gotten tonight it is very easy for us." Luca said."

"A lot easier" I said "Lexi after much discussion with your father over the past month your father and I have decided that you are the next heir to the Abruzzi Legacy."


"BULLSHIT!!" Brielle said jumping up "That is such bullshit!! I am the only level headed person here. Yea, I may be a loner but that doesn't mean squat! The first chance she gets all of our money will be flushed down the toilet for materialistic crap! Unlike me she doesn't even have a realistic dream!"


  Lexi kept staring at her sister and on the verge of tears, of course Brielle noticed this.

"Yea, cry like a little baby Lexi," Brielle said stepping closer to her "Becoming a famous singer, what a big dream. Ha! Yea, right, you are going to fail so bad and don't you DARE come running to me when you do. I will just laugh at you and slam the door in your fake pathetic face! I am out of here, don't expect me to be home when you get back. I will be long gone!!"



  With that Brielle charged upstairs, pack her stuff and left for the airport as well leaving us with our jaws on the floor.

"Lexi," Luca said, Lexi looked at him wiping her tears away "Don't listen to what she said. You are very responsible and we know that we made the right decision. Also, you have an amazing talent and dream and I don't want anyone to tell you otherwise. You try your hardest and you can accomplish those dreams no matter what anyone says."


"I understand daddy," Lexi said, smiling a little at her dads encouraging words "It just hurt to hear my own sister say those awful things."


  With all the excitement and drama of the day we all decided that it would be best to just go home the next morning since our trip was shot at this point anyways. When we got home reality really set in. Brielle did move out and Chase and Jolene were sitting in the living room but our new reality was just beginning.

2 comments:

  1. LOL I love what luca and Haley said to brie about her being a loner :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah, I thought it was pretty good when I wrote it out. :-)

    ReplyDelete