Friday, March 23, 2012

Chapter 8.4 - Broken Hearted

  The weekend after graduation we allowed Chase and Lexi to have Colton and Jolene over for a sleep over. We weren't worried about them doing something they weren't suppose to because they were raised better than that. Our one rule was that if they were in their rooms then the doors were to stay open.

  Jolene and Chase relaxed the whole night, watching movies before going to bed around 2 a.m.



  Lexi and Colton spent time in the hot tube talking and kissing....a lot. Then they jammed out on the guitar and drums, they were both getting pretty good. They finally took a break from that around midnight and went in Lexi's room to listen to music and hang out more.





"Colton, what's wrong?" Lexi asked when Colton sat down on the lounger instead of with her again "You seem upset or unhappy about something."


"Lexi, I have something to tell you that I have been putting off," Chase said leaning forward a bit "Umm..gosh this is hard. I am moving away tomorrow for college and I think it would be better if we broke up. I don't want to but long distance relationships don't work and I want you to feel free to move on instead of holding you back. I'm sorry babe."


"Babe!?" No, this is bullshit Colton! So what, you were going to leave without even telling me? Why would you wait until the night before?"


"Lexi I didn't mean for it to go like this. I wasn't sure how to tell you because I didn't want to hurt your feelings."

  Lexi began crying and couldn't stop.


  Colton just held her for a bit and told her that he really did hate to do this. When Lexi calmed down a little he thought that it would be best if he just went home so things wouldn't become complicated or uncomfortable. He hugged and kissed her one last time before walking to the stairs and leaving at 4 a.m. Lexi just cried herself to sleep.




  The next day I saw Lexi sitting by the pool in a state of depression, she didn't know what to do now that Colton was gone, she even kept their pictures up in her room.




  Chase told me that he and Jolene had asked her if she wanted to go to the beach with them but she said no. I went outside and stood next to her, not sure what to say at first, so I just asked her what was wrong even though I already knew and she instantly broke down again. Telling me everything that has happened, I felt so bad for her, she was so broken hearted over this.



"Lexi it will all be okay. Yes it hurts now but you will move on eventually."

  Saying this pissed her off and she became outraged.

"What do you know mum!" Lexi said with rage in her eyes "Don't you get it?? I don't want to move on, I love Colton! Just leave me alone!"



  With that Lexi ran inside and locked herself in her room leaving me in a state of shock. She has never blown up at me like that before and it really upset me. I sat in the living room for hours thinking about our fight before I heard the front door open. Everyone was home so who could have been coming into our house?"

"Mum!" Brielle said running to give me a hug.

  Due to my argument with Lexi I had completely forgotten that Brielle was coming home today for good. It was nice to have her back home again. To my disappointment though nothing much had changed with her. She didn't say hi to her brother and sister and stayed in her room all day. I was really hoping that she would have gotten over this anti-social thing. I was about to go make dinner when Lexi came up to me.

"Mum, I am really sorry for blowing up at you earlier. I am just very upset about what happened between Colton and I. Will you forgive me?"

"Of course I do Lexi and don't think I don't understand because I do." I told her before giving her a hug.


  After dinner Luca and I sat down with the triplets, we had a big announcement.

"We have some exciting news for you kids," Luca started before looking at me to continue.

"We are all leaving for Venice this weekend for a big family holiday!"




  The triplets began cheering and getting excited and then they all ran up to their rooms to begin packing. None of them have ever been to Venice and they had no idea that we had a vacation home out there. They were going to be very surprised and there was a reason we waited until now to take them.

No comments:

Post a Comment