Thursday, February 2, 2012

Chapter 6.4 - Prom

  Before I knew it class was back in session again. I stayed home during Spring Break, mostly lounging by the pool, I wanted some nice relax time at home.

  When my students sat down and got situated, I got straight to business.




"Alright, before we get to today's work, it is time to turn in your reports."

  As I took everyone's reports I noticed how much work they all had put into them. I was going to have a lot to read through and there was a month before they needed to be graded and their grades recorded.

  Near the end of class Luca came in so I let the kids relax and hang out.

"Hello, Miss Abruzzi," Luca said with a smile "I'm not interrupting am I?"

"No not at all Mr Gerini, we were all done."

"Well, prom is coming up and we still have not found a new location. You wouldn't know of a good place to hold prom would you?"

"Oh, I'm sorry but I still don't know this town very well," I said as I looked at the students, noticing that they were all excitedly discussing prom to. "You know what, I know the perfect palce. Prom can be held at my place."

"Wait, what?! Are you sure?" Luca said

"Yes, positive. My property is plenty big enough and I have a huge backyard."

"That is fantastic, thank you! The kids will appreciate it so much!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  A month later after lots and lots of preparation, my house was finally ready to cater to a bunch of teenagers. At exactly 5 p.m. everyone began to show up in limos. It made me feel so good to see how happy they all were.

"Miss Abruzzi, this looks amazing," Luca said as he walked towards me, "you really outdid yourself, and look at you!"

"Thank you Mr Gerini," I said with a smile, "You look great as well."

  We walked to the backyard where everything was set up, letting all of the students go ahead of us. I never imagined my place would look like this. There was a red carpet rolled out, tons of lights, two bubble machines, a fire pit with seating, buffet tables plus two tables and chairs, loud music, special effects machines, a huge dance floor, and a special picture area with a fountain, statues, lights, and lots of flowers.













  Everyone had a great time, lots of pictures were taken, I danced with Luca, and two of my students (London and Nora) were named Prom King and Queen. I was so happy for them and even more happy that I was able to pull this off for them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Note:
  I apologize for having such a short (next two) chapters but I have so many ideas running through my head about where I want this to go that I needed a chance to put some short "in between" stuff in here. I hope you all enjoy this chapter and the next one before the good stuff comes. :D

2 comments: