Friday, February 10, 2012

Chapter 6.9 - Answers Part 1

  The night before our flight Luca stayed over (in my guest room) so we could go straight to the airport in the morning and partially because I was very nervous and scared. I decided to lay down at 8 so I could get enough sleep before our long trip.



  But I couldn't sleep, I kept tossing and turning so I got up at 11 and went in the living room to watch the news for a little while.


"How come you aren't asleep?" Luca said shortly after coming into the living room and sitting down next to me.

"I am so nervous Luca, what if this trip goes terrible?"



"Haley, it is going to be fine. Don't worry, I will be with you every step of the way."

  When he said that I felt completely at ease. I loved having him around and talking to him, he always made me feel better. Suddenly I realized something, I was falling in love with Luca. I quickly looked away from him, became flushed, and got up to go back to bed.

"Well, goodnight Luca."

"Haley, wait a moment," Luca said as he came up to me.


  He embraced me in a hug and then surprised me with a kiss, our first kiss! Did he actually feel the same way I did?



  Becoming flushed I smiled at him, said goodnight again, and walked to my room.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  It was 8 a.m. when we arrived in Venice, I couldn't believe how beautiful it was here! After checking in to our hotel we went out for a quick breakfast.



  Neither of us said anything about the night before. After paying we both got up and I began to walk towards the center of the marketplace.



"Haley, wait a second," Luca said as he grabbed my hand.

  I turned to face him, noting a sincere look on his face.

"I know you were surprised by what I did last night and i'm sorry for jumping into it. But I want you to know that I want to be here for you no matter what happens. I love you Haley and I want to go steady, us be together always."



"Luca, I feel the same way, I love you to and yes! I want us to be together to," I said completely thrilled as I hugged him and gave him a kiss.



  We walked hand in hand through the marketplace. After stopping to ask a few of the locals where the King and Queen lived we headed to their house. It was a beautiful house but we were refused entry when we got there. We needed to make an appointment so we scheduled it for 4 p.m. that evening.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  At 4 p.m. we had checked in with the security guards and were waiting in the formal living room for the King and Queen. When they came in and sat down I explained to them my dreams, the research that was done, and the photos.



"This came as a surprise by me but I believe that you may be my relatives," I said.

"Please young lady, what is your first name?"

"My name is Haley...Haley Abruzzi."

  The King just stared at me in shock and the Queen instantly fainted.


  After making sure the Queen was okay and sitting back down, I sat down.

"What's wrong? Why such a strong reaction?"



"Well, our little girl that was kidnapped was named Haley. Also, no one else in our family was named Haley. So..." The King said stopping.



"So, are you saying....that there is a possibility that Haley is your daughter?" Luca asked.


"Yes"

They arranged for a DNA test to be done and when that was done Luca and I headed abck to our hotel. I couldn't believe we had to wait until morning to know the results. I still didn't really understand any of this.


Luca sat down next to me and put his arm around my shoulders.


"I;m sorry hun, I know this must be so hard on you. Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?"

  He barely got the words out of his mouth before I turned towards him and kissed him.


"If it wasn't for your help I never would have found this out," I said "and if I was here without you right now I would end up falling to pieces."


  We stayed in each others arms all night and the next morning we were sitting in the King and Queens living room again, awaiting a conference call from the lab.




RING RING RING

1 comment: