Thursday, February 16, 2012

Chapter 6.9 - Answers Part 2

  "We ran the DNA through tests 3 times to be sure that the results were correct," The man on the hone said, "I am please to announce that the results were a 100% match."

  We were all shocked yet overjoyed at the same time.




  There was a moment of crying and hugging followed by hours and hours of talking. We talked about the King and Queens memories of me, my new life in Appaloosa, and Luca of course.






"We would love for the two of you to spend your last night here in Venice here at our house," Katherine said.

"Thank you very much," I said before slowly adding "Mum and Dad."

 Luca and I got our luggage from the hotel, took everything to my parents house, and spent the rest of the day getting to know each other and they gave us a royal tour of Venice. It was a very long day but fun and we took lots of pictures.

  While Marcello showed Luca to our room I sat down with my mum and talked to her for a little bit before she went to bed.


"Haley, where did you meet Luca? He is such a gentleman and very handsome."

"Actually he is the principal at Appaloosa High. he is the one that hired me on as the new Geography teacher."



"Well, the two of you are just beautiful together. You guys remind me of your father and I when we were young."

~~~~~~~~~

  As Luca walked back to our room he couldn't help but stop and listen to the quiet voices he heard.


"Do we have to?"

"Yes Katherine, she has the right to now. Besides her and Luca are leaving to go back home tomorrow afternoon."

"I know Marcello but we just got our baby girl back after all these years and to drop this on her?"

  As Luca walked into our room I noticed that  he was quietly shutting the door and walking a little slow to the bed.


"What's going on Luca?"

"I'm not really sure Haley but it seems that your mum and dad have something important to tell you tomorrow before we leave. I heard them talking a little bit."

"Something important?" I asked confused "What could it be?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*I want to take a break here and apologize for the sudden change in Katherine and Marcello's appearance. Apparently they aged up while Haley and Luca were visiting them. *shrugs**

  The next morning after breakfast we all gathered in the sun room.


"So are you two packed up already?"

"Yes, we can't believe we are going back home already."

"Well, because you are leaving today we have something to tell the both of you. This is going to be very hard to hear but it's just as hard to talk about," Katherine said.


"Extremely tough," Marcello began "but we need to. Katherine and I have been very sick for a long time and our doctors are saying that we only have maybe a year left."

  I could not believe what I was hearing.

"Also, there is another thing. We thought that we were going to be able to have you take over the throne but because you have lived outside of Venice for more than a year we can't."

"Mum, Dad, while I am a little sad that i can't take over the throne I do not mind. I love my life in Appaloosa. Besides I am not worried about that, I am worried about you guys."

  While mum and dad talked I pulled Luca to the side to talk to him alone. I had an idea but I wanted his thoughts about it first because his opinion meant a lot to me. After agreeing we sat back down with my parents.



"I don't know how well this will work," I began "If you guys are allowed to I would love for you both to come move in with me. this way we can spend a lot of time together and you guys can get the best medical care available."


  We spent the next few hours discussing this, going over the laws, starting the paperwork, and booking their flights to Appaloosa, they were scheduled to arrive in 2 weeks. After everything was situated it was time for Luca and I to head back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment