Friday, January 27, 2012

Chapter 6.3 - New Look & Good Ideas

  When i got home on Friday I slept pretty much all day, except to use the bathroom and to grab a quick bite to eat. I was so tired from the extremely long trip.

  I still had two days before classes started up again so the first thing I took care of Saturday morning was the yard work. My garden needed some major TLC since I was gone on vacation.


  After an hour I was finally done with the garden, I washed up, threw some clothes in the washing machine and decided to put my bathing suit on and lay in the sun. It was unusually warm out today and I was not about to lay inside and waste a perfect day like this.



  Just when I thought I was about to fall asleep in the sun my phone began ringin, which caused me to jump since I wasn't expecting it.

"Hello"

"Hi Haley, how are you?"

"I am doing good Luca, just a little tired."


"I know how you feel. I just got home myself and want to pass out."

"Well. welcome back"

"Thank you. I was actually calling to see if...uh..." He said with a slight nervousness in his voice "you might want to meet again for lunch tomorrow around 2 again?"


"That sounds great," I said surprised "I will meet you there."

  I hung up the phone, went back inside, and took a nap on the couch in my room after putting my comfortable workout clothes back on. Jet lag was defiantly catching up with me.



  The next morning, after working in the garden some more, I took a long shower and spent ages trying to figure out what to wear. I then spent just as long doing my hair and make-up before driving to the Koffi Cafe.






  As I walked up to the restaurant I didn't see Luca but I did see a clean shaving man. I walked past him and waited near the restaurants front door.

"Haley, there you are." Luca said


  As I turned towards his voice I noticed the same man standing near me. After looking at him closer I noticed this man was in deed Luca. he looked so different without his glasses and no facial hair. He looked more like my age and he could have just stepped out of a photo shoot for a magazine.


"Wow, Luca, you look so different!"

"Is that a good thing or..."

"Defiantly a good thing," I said with a smile.

  We ordered our food, took it outside, and sat at one of the tables to enjoy our meal.

"So," Luca said as the waiter took our empty plates 'how are you?"

"I am doing pretty good," I said still distracted by the odd dreams I had been having and of course how handsome Luca looked.

"Are you sure? You seem so distracted lately."

"Yea, I have had a lot on my mind lately. Not a big deal though."

"What's going on? maybe I can help somehow."

"I don't know, it's going to sound silly," I said then noticed the encouraging look on his face "Okay, see I don't really remember anything that happened before I moved here. Then after I moved here I had this strange dream that had my Great Great Nonna in it, telling me that I needed to figure something out now that I was here."


  I paused to evaluate the look on his face before continuing.

"Then after you hired me i was working on notes the next day for class and was drawn to the name of a city, Venice. i didn't know why but it sounded so familiar. When I went to sleep that night I had another strange dream. First I was standing in front of this amazing house and then I was through a window at a family, pretty much perfect looking family. It's been like this since I moves here and it seems like whatever I need to figure out might have something to do with this family. But I have no idea where to start looking."

  Luca didn't say anything for at least 5 minutes and I immediately regretted saying anything at all.

"That is really strange Haley but still I wonder what it could all mean" Luca said before adding "I know what you can do! Have your students make their final reports be about Venice and tell them to try to get any information they can about any important families out there. Maybe this is just what you need to jump start your research."


"Oh my gosh! Luca that is an excellent idea!" I said and then gave him a hug without even thinking twice. "Oh..um..I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that.  that was very unprofessional."


"It's okay, don't apologize," He said with a grin.

  A few minutes later we said our goodbyes. I went home, got some notes together for the next day and then went to bed.

  In class the next morning I handed out the guidelines and worksheets after my students sat down and then went over what was required for this report, which was closely followed by a bit of groaning.



"I know that this sounds like a huge project but you have until the first week of May to finish it. With Spring Break and Prom coming up before and after this is due I suggest getting your rough draft completed before break and then type up your final draft before class resumes. that way you guys will have fun during break and not have to worry about it when you are preparing for prom."

1 comment: