Monday, February 20, 2012

Chapter 7 - New Additions

  Over the next week and a half Luca helped me decorate my house some more and get walls painted and we completely finished my parents room.








  On Friday we finally got to have a real date, our first official date. I was so happy, since it was a nice summer afternoon I decided to wear shorts, a tube top, and my comfy converse shoes. We went to the movies first and saw Coal Miners Daughter, we both loved Loretta Lynn and were excited that the theatre was playing her movie again. After the movie we went out for dinner before heading back to my house where we relaxed on the couch.




"Haley, I have a surprise for you. I will be right back," Luca said as he got up "Wait for me by the front door and close your eyes okay?"

"Okay Luca," I said curious as to what my surprise could be."

  A few minutes later I heard the front door open again but I kept my eyes shut.

"Okay, open your eyes Haley."

  When I opened my eyes I couldn't believe what i saw. There was a beautiful Doberman Pincher standing by the front door. It was just like the one my parents and I had when I was little.



"Oh Luca, she is beautiful! What's her name? Where did you get her?" I asked as I petted the dog, she instantly jumped on me, and I rubbed her belly.




"Well, when I saw the pictures of you with your parents when you were little I noticed that you guys had a pet. After we got back from Venice I went to the adoption agency and saw her. I filled out a bunch of papers and a little bit ago I received a text saying that they were going to be here in a few minutes to drop her off." Luca said with excitement in his voice "As far as her name goes, that is up to you because she is yours."

"Are you serious?!" I said and then Luca nodded his head and smiled. I hugged him and gave him a kiss before adding "Thank you Luca! She is perfect, I am going to name her....Shiba."


"I love that name," Luca said smiling again.

  He gave me another hug, said he would be back the next morning and left. He was going to pick my parents up so I would have time to clean the house and hang up the last of the paintings that needed to be put up and put out some more decorative plants.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Before my parents and Luca got here I had Shiba wait in my room, I wanted her to be a surprise for my parents. Luca and I showed my parents the property and the house when he arrived with them. It was a lot different than what they were use to but the loved it. Afterwards Luca sat down with my parents in the family living room while I excused myself. I got Shiba and brought her into the living room to meet them.


"Oh, who is this?" My dad asked.

"This is Shiba. Luca adopted her for me," i said with a smile.

My mum and dad fell in love with her and Shiba warmed up to them instantly.



  I made Stuffed Turkey for dinner followed by Baked Angel Food Cake. After making sure my parents were settled and comfortable in their room Luca went home and I went to bed. Shiba ended up sleeping next to me all night.


1 comment:

  1. That was very kind of Haley to move her folks in. Hopefully all goes well!

    ReplyDelete