Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Chapter 6.8 - Results

  The next morning Luca picked me up and we drove to the police station. I was completely terrified of what the results were going to say. If these people were really my relatives why hadn't my mum say anything to me?



"Hello Nathaniel," Luca said to his friend as we walked into the lab, "Do you have a moment?"

"Yes Luca, what's going on?"

"I need you to analyze these two pictures. I need to know the percentage of the similarities and I know to know as soon as possible."

"Okay, I can do that. The soonest I can have the results for you is two hours."

  While we waited for the results to come in we went out for breakfast. I didn't say anything the whole time. I was too nervous and I barely even touched my food.


Suddenly Luca's phone rang, which made me jump.

"Hello? Uh huh....alright...okay, thank you Nathaniel."

  Luca hung up the phone and glanced at me real quick.



"So, the results came back from the photos," Luca said before pausing, "The photos are 99% similar."

"Okay...um..." I couldn't think of a single thing to say besides, "Could you take me back home now Luca?"

"Of course Haley," Luca said with worry in his eyes.

  When we got back to my house I just sat down in my living room. Luca disappeared and came back a few minutes later with two cups of chai.

"Thank you," I said with a small smile.

"What are you thinking? What should you do?"

"I don't know, i am so confused right now."

  We talked for hours and hours trying to decide what to do and around 5 p.m. Luca had an idea.




"Haley I think I know what you need to do."

"What is it?" I asked finally relieved to have an idea.

"I think you need to go to Venice. See if the King and Queen are still around and if you can meet them. Maybe they can give you an idea about what's going on."

"Luca, that is a fantastic idea. You will come with me right?"

"Of course, you need to have company for this."

  We got on my computer and booked our flight for the following weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment