Monday, February 6, 2012

Chapter 6.7 - Dinner...Dates?

  I woke up the next morning in a cold sweat and distraught. I hadn't had a dream like this in awhile so why had it started again. More importantly why had their baby been kidnapped and what did the kidnapper mean by they deserved it? At least I knew two things: The King and Queens names were Marcello and Katherine Abruzzi and I now knew why there were no pictures or stories of that poor baby after age 2.  That is where my research needed to start. I took my journal out and began writing everything down that had taken place in my dream. As I was writing down my final thoughts i was interrupted by the sound of my tummy growling. I guess I should have had more than 3 pieces of Sushi last night.

  I made a fruit parfait and a cup of vanilla chai tea and then started doing laundry and cleaning the house when I was done.



  When the house was clean and the laundry was done I got changed and drove to Luca's house, I was already 10 minutes late. When I pulled into his driveway I had to double check the paper he had given me. This house was stunning, from the landscape to the covered pool area in the backyard.


  As I neared the front door I hesitated before ringing the doorbell, what if this wasn't the right house after all?


  When Luca opened the door my worry washed away and excitement rushed in like every other time I saw him. It seemed he had the same idea as me, clothing wise. Of course he still looked hot but he looked comfortable too.


"Welcome Haley", Luca said as he stepped to the side to let me in.

"Your house is very impressive Luca", I said suddenly noting the wonderful smells coming from the kitchen, "and dinner smells fantastic."

"Thank you and as far as the house goes I am renting it from a friend until I have enough money saved up to begin building my own," He said as he showed me to the kitchen.


  I sat down at the table while he plated our food. Over the next two and half hours we enjoyed dinner and dessert (which all tasted just as good as it smelled), talked about my students reports, and went over the dream I had had the night before. I also gave him a copy of the picture Toya had given me, explaining to him that this was the same family that was in my dreams.

"Wow, Haley, I am just as stuck as you are with this. There is so much information to go through but I would like to help you if you will let me."



"I would love that," I said with a big smile "Would you like to come over tomorrow around 6 and we can do some brainstorming? I can make dinner for you this time."



"Defiantly."

**Authors Note: At this point in my game Luca had changed into his work out gear and then Haley and Luca decided to go skinny dipping without me even telling them too...lol!**


  We talked for awhile longer, then I went home and went straight to bed.

  It was nearly 10 at night and King Marcello and Queen Katherine were chatting heavily with two Lieutenants. They were trying to avoid having the discussion become heated but it was hard, their little girls life was at stake. 



They had found one of the suspects that they had in custody was guilty of kidnapping the little girl but the suspect refused to talk.


  Marcello and Katherine told the police officers that they did not want any stories or photos to be done regarding this. It was a difficult time for them and the last thing they needed was the public being involved and scrutinizing them for something that someone else did.

  When I woke up I was a little confused by my dream like always but not nearly as much as some of my other dreams. I was so comfy just sitting there in my bed but when I looked at the clock I jumped up.


  It was nearly noon and I had so much to do. I went through the whole house making sure everything was cleaned up, started making dinner (turkey was going to take the longest), and lit some candles to give the house a nice smell (aside from the smell of food.)


  Then I took a quick shower, did my make-up, then I finished cooking and set everything out.




 Before I knew it it was 5:30 which meant I needed to pick out an outfit and be dressed and have my hair done in 30 minutes. I decided that tonight I would dress up a little bit more than I did last night and I found the perfect outfit. As I was primping one last time I heard the doorbell ring. I invited Luca inside and smiled at the expression on his face when he saw the interior of my hosue.

"Haley, this house is so nice, defiantly does not look like I had pictured from the outside. You know, because this is a farm house."

"Thank you Luca," I said as I led him to the dining room.

"You look gorgeous tonight," Luca said as he and I sat down "and the food smells delicious."




  I had made Stuffed Turkey, Sushi, a Cheese Plate, and Baked Angel Food Cake for desert. We talked while enjoying the food, getting to know each other even more.



   After I took the dishes to the kitchen and put away the leftovers we went to the living room. We discussed the dream I had last night and the picture Toya had given me.




"I noticed something last night that I want to show you," he said before going to his car to grab his computer.

  When he sat down at the table in the kitchen he started his computer and opened a file had a blown up picture of the baby next to a picture of me that was taken for the school yearbook.



"This baby has some very similar features that you have,"

"Wow, I had never payed attention to that. You're right," I said astonished at the similarities as I sat down.

"I think these people might be relatives of yours Haley."


  Hearing him say this shocked me even more and I was completely speechless.

"I think we should have a friend of mine at the police station analyze these picture tomorrow morning. Maybe there is a bigger connection that we aren't realizing."

"That is a great idea," I said "thank you for helping me Luca. I really appreciate all of your help!"


  We talked for awhile longer before saying goodbye.

2 comments: