Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Chapter 9 - An Old Flame

  When we pulled up to our property I could not believe what we were looking at. Just seeing the front of the house it looked like the contractors had gotten my vision perfectly. The landscaping was done right and Jonah had worked his magic on the interior. The house turned out a million times better than I could have ever imagined. After I payed everyone for their hard work I took mum and dad for a tour of the house and then I lounged by the pool while mum and dad got some much needed rest.




  The next day I was already getting restless from not working. As I read through the paper after breakfast I saw a one page ad for a concert in Verde Park, the band was War Machine. I had heard a few of their songs on the radio before, they were a pretty popular local band, would be cool to see them live and maybe learn something from them. I quickly realized that I did not want to go by myself but I didn't have any friends here yet that I would want to actually hang out with. So I picked up my phone and called the one person who might be able to go with me.

"Hey Jolene, it's Lexi. What are you guys up to?" I said walking around the kitchen "How are the babies? That's great! Well, if you aren't doing anything tonight I was going to see if you would like to go out tonight, girls night. Great! See you around 4!"

  I spent the next 3 hours doing my hair, make-up, and trying to find a nice but hot outfit. I mean this is Starlight Shores with lots of hot guys walking around, had to look good on a girls night out. At 4 Jolene and I met at a bar, decided to have a few drinks and then we headed to Verde Park.



  There was quite a few people here already but we managed to make our way to the front of the stage. Suddenly all the lights turned off engulfing the park in complete darkness. Deep bass began to drain from the speakers followed by the sound of drums. With a bang fire burst out from the front two corners of the stage and fog came rolling in. At that moment I could faintly make out the props on the stage. There was two statues in the back corners, two tall gothic like candles and dolls, and the backdrop was a dark tree/sky background, it was all incredible looking. With another loud bang and a bright flash the lead singer was on stage and he burst into their first song. Their lead singer ahd an amazing voice and he was gorgeous! But something about him was very familiar, I couldn't figure out what it was though. As he started the next song Jolene and I danced and sang along (we knew this song very well) and I noticed that he kept staring at me.






I woke from a bad dream just the other day
I dreamt that I had no goals
My life wasted away
Nothing left to offer, nothing left to give
Regretting all I hadn't done and all the life I hadn't lived 
No time for worry, no time for doubt
I believe in a second chance
All the life I can't live without
I know that I can't let this life pass me by
Just waiting for another tomorrow, for another tomorrow

Medicated
They say I don't have all the answers
I'm so medicated
I don't even know how they work
Medicated
They create another state of mind
I'm so medicated
Life is so damned when i'm medicated

So much to offer, so much to give
Devoted to compulsion and the life I have to live
Awakened by the train, i'm recognized
I was waiting for a different tomorrow, for a different tomorrow


  When the show was over Jolene and I clapped and cheered until our hands hurt and our throats were soar, this band was awesome! As the park lights came back on Jolene and I began to walk across the park to leave when a voice called out to us.

"Excuse me, ladies excuse me!"

  When we turned around we saw the lead singer of War Machine jogging up to us.

"Yes," I said

"Sorry to bother you ladies," He said, his voice sounding extremely familiar "But I had a question real quick."

"No, we are not groupies," Jolene said crossing her arms "and we are not going to come back to your tour bus with you."

"No, that's not it at all," he said chuckling.

"That laugh, I know that laugh!" I thought to myself as he finally looked over at me.

"Lexi? Lexi Abruzzi?" He asked me, staring right into my eyes.


"Yes..." I said with hesitation "Do I know you?"

"I would hope so," he said as he flashed his smile again "We dated for 3 1/2 years."

  A somewhat confused look came over my face. The only person I ever dated was.....OH MY GOSH, it couldn't be!!

"Colton?!" I said in shock as he chuckled again.


"Yea! How are you Lexi? How come your here?"

"Ummm, i'm okay. I moved here with my family just over a year ago, our house burnt down and we couldn't rebuild. So we moved here to have a fresh start and so I can work on my singing career." I said rather quickly. I could not believe how much he had changed!


"I'm sorry to hear that! You are looking good though, still just as beautiful."

  It was at that point that Jolene nudged me. She knew how much our break up had destroyed me, it still hurt so much and his "flirting" wasn't helping at all.

"I'm sorry but we have to go, Jolene has to get back to her family and I work in the morning."

"Oh okay, well I do hope to see you again soon!" He said with another flashy smile before walking away.


  When I got home I noticed mum and dad were already asleep. instead of going to bed to I found myself looking through my box of "keepsakes." I hadn't looked at this stuff in a long time and I soon remembered why. It hurt to think about our break up and as much as I tried not to that horrible memory came rushing back. Colton was the only boy I had ever loved and I have never been able to commit to a guy since then. I had given my heart to Colton and no matter how cheesy it sounded I never really got my whole heart back from him, it had always felt like there was a hole in my heart that would never be filled. Love, hate, anger, and sadness were all emotions I had felt back then and now after seeing Colton again those emotions came back. I curled up in my bed and cried myself to sleep once again with our memories scattered on the floor.


  The next morning I woke up to the bright sunshine and ocean breeze seeping through my window. My eyes were red and puffy from crying the night before and there was faint tear stains on my pillow. I was still in an off mood from the previous night which made me not real hungry, so I just had some toast with jam.



  Then I showered and got ready for work. I couldn't remember the last time I moved this slow, like I was a zombie or something. When the doorbell rang I walked slowly to the front door causing the person to ring the bell two more times. As I opened the door I saw a flower delivery person holding a vase filled with cherry red roses. After signing for them I closed the door, placed the roses on the kitchen counter and read the note that had come with them.


     Lexi,
         Seeing you last night made me remember all the memories we shared, something I had tried to put to the side in order to not deal with the pain. For the first time in many years I found myself finally writing music again, music that I want to write. I have missed you a lot and I really do hope to see you again!
                                                       ~Colton

  I felt my heart began to beat faster, the roses were beautiful and the note was so nice. But was this what I really wanted or was it still just too soon? As I went about my day doing sing-a-grams and working at one of the bars I found myself in a very chipper mood for the first time in such a long time. I even made some new friends from being so friendly. When I finally got home I hurriedly sat down with mum, there was so much I had to tell her (dad was sleeping already so I would have to wait to tell him.)

"Mum, you wont believe the things that have happened in the past two days!"

"Something exciting, yea?! You are in such a good mood lately."

"Yes yes!" I said with a huge grin "First, I stopped at one of the cafes during my lunch break today and a model agent, Francesco Marcs from Elite Modeling, saw me and we talked. He had noticed over the past year how hard I was working and he wants to help me to get my face out there more. I have a photo shoot booked for next week!"


"That's fantastic Lexi! Have you checked this place out yet, are the legit? Do they pay you or no?"

"Yes I have, they have worked with a lot of very famous people! I don't get paid this time but once my fame rises more I will get paid for photo shoots, appearances, etc..."

"I am so happy for you!"


"That's not all mum, remember when Jolene and I went out last night?"

"Of course, did you girls have fun?"

"We did, it was nice to get out but that's not the exciting part. We saw a band called War Machine, they were really good and everyone loved them. After the show their lead singer came up to us and chatted with us. You wont believe this but it was...Colton!"

"Colton?! Are you serious? Are you okay?"

"Well, I was pretty upset last night but then this morning I got a bouquet of roses and this note."


"Wow," Mum said reading the note "I'm happy for you Lexi, you know your father and I really liked Colton. I'm glad you got to see him again...but is this what you want?"

"I....I don't know yet mum." I said confused again

"Well, just be careful honey. I don't want to see you go through the same thing you went through before, it was so heartbreaking." Mum said hugging me.


  With that we both went to bed, it was defiantly time for a good nights sleep.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Note:
  I just wanted to add that these song lyrics do NOT belong to me. They belong to a local Chicago band that I idolize a lot, their music is inspirational, at least to me. These guys are very popular here and I have even had the pleasure of meeting each one of the band members multiple times at concerts, they are all so very nice! If you would like to listen to the actual song that I have wrote out the lyrics to please go here: 7th Heaven band, then click on music, then Silver CD, and finally look for the song Medicated (should be song #8.) Anytime I do not add a video to my posts I will link back to the artists that I use/reference in my legacy. :)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment