Friday, April 6, 2012

Chapter 8.9 - New Town

  We arrived in Starlight Shores at 10 a.m. Sunday morning and we were in awe at how beautiful this new city was. The sun shining down bright over everything, palm trees everywhere swaying from the gentle breeze, the stunning shoreline where the soft sand met the warm beach, and the modern architecture was amazing.


  We stopped at the realtor office first and purchased the property we had all agreed on buying. After I was done signing the papers we drove to the apartment building we would be staying at. Instead of staying in a motel I signed a 1 year contract for this 3 bedroom apartment while my dream home was being built. Our new (temporary) apartment was stunning, I had never seen anything like this before! We took a "tour" of our new apartment and then we decided who got which room.








  I unpacked all of my clothes, placed my box of "keepsakes" far back in the closet and then called the decorator that would be doing the interior design at our new house.

"Hello Jonah, this is Lexi Abruzzi."

"Lexi, how are you darling?"

"I'm doing good," I said with a smile, his voice and way of talking was new to me and a bit silly "I have a quick question. Have you ever seen the interior design here at Shore Apartments?"

"I sure have, I was the one that did the decorating there."

"Fantastic Jonah!" I said with clear excitement in my voice "I would love it if you could please include the decorating style you used here when you begin at my house."

"Of course! If that is what you want then that is what you will get. I am thrilled that you love what I did there, it is my favorite style that I have done so far. I will put together some fabric choices, patterns, and other samples for you, expect to hear from me in a week."

"Perfect Jonah, thank you! Ciao!"

"You're welcome, Ciao darling!"

  As I joined everyone in the living room Chase walked in. He was in a good mood because he just got back from the stadium and they offered him a spot on the Llama team here after getting in touch with the his old coach from Appaloosa. He would be leaving for training camp again in 3 weeks.



 After dinner I did some research on the computer to figure out what the best way was to kick of my singing career.


  I ended up having to start out as a Sing-A-Gram girl as well as playing for tips to get my name out there. My stage name was Crystal Dagger, which I loved, but I hated the outfit it was so ugly!



  I didn't make a lot of money doing sing-a-grams so I also did entertainment at bars around the city. Nothing bad or provocative, just did karaoke, bull riding, and serving drinks. It wasn't what I wanted to do but at least I got to sing more and bring in more money.



  The day before Chase had to leave we celebrated Raelyn's birthday. It was nice that mum and dad were here for her birthday, they loved their granddaughter so much despite the issues in the past with Chase and Jolene. After the sparkling transition disappeared we got to see just how cute Raelyn was, just adorable!




  While Chase was at training camp mum, dad, and I all helped Jolene teach Raelyn how to walk, talk, and use the potty. She was a very smart girl, picking everything up very quickly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  A lot has happened in the past year but a lot hasn't happened as well. Chase was doing extremely well playing for the Llamas and he, Jolene, and Raelyn moved out of the apartment and into their own house on the other side of town.


  I was still working at the bars and doing sing-a-grams but it was starting to get old. I was getting sick of doing these, I just wanted to be able to perform on stage in front of a huge crowd!

  It was Friday morning and I was relaxing on the couch in the living room with mum and dad watching some history show since I had today and the rest of the weekend off. We were startled suddenly when my phone began to ring, I hadn't realized I had set the volume so loud. I didn't recognize the number on the caller id but I answered it anyways.

"Hello....this is... oh hello, how are you!"


"Wow! Really?!" I said getting anxious and smiling at mum and dad "Okay, we will be there soon. thank you!"


"Who was that?" Mum asked as I put my phone away.

"That was the contractor I hired, our house is done! We can move in right now!"


  Mum, dad, and I cheered and hugged before quickly packing our stuff, returned the keys to the landlord, and left to FINALLY go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment