Monday, February 1, 2021

Chapter 12.2 - We Knew It Was Coming

 Mira P.O.V.

    Today was finally the day, everything was packed and in my car.

"Are you sure you have everything?" Mom asked me again.

"I'm sure mom," I said with a laugh "Besides, I will only be a few hours away if I need something important."

"Be safe, study hard, and call us if you need anything," Mom said giving me a big hug.


" I will, same goes for you guys. Call me, even if it is just to talk." I said as I hugged everyone and then climbed into my car.

    I stopped at the gas station, fueled up and grabbed a quick bite before leaving town. Traffic was ridiculous but music took my mind off it. After a five hour trip (that should have taken three), I finally made it to the university. The campus was huge and there was a lot of students here already. I checked in at registration and then headed to the dorm that I would be staying in.

"Hi!" I said to my new roommate as I walked in, "I'm Mira."

"Kat," She said rudely, ignoring my outstretched hand and turning back to her computer.



"Great, I have a rude roommate. Just what I need." I thought to myself, trying to ignore the bad feeling I was getting from her.

    After unpacking and getting my side of the room organized, I changed into pajamas and sat down at my desk. I sent a group email to my family and then started going over my course materials and schedule. Within an hour I couldn't look at the screen anymore and decided to go to bed early.






    The next morning I went about my usual routine, grabbed my backpack, a quick breakfast from downstairs, and headed to class. Naturally my class was all the way on the other side of campus, it was good exercise though.



The first week of class was hectic but not terrible. During that week I began a presentation for class, did a lot of studying, and I got emails from my family with beautiful pictures from their travels.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lexi P.O.V.

    We arrived at the beach house at 10 a.m. and were beyond excited. After everything we had been through, a whole week on the ocean seemed like a dream and we needed the vacation.



"Hey, you guys made it!" Hollie said as she came running up to us.


"Of course we did, couldn't miss this!" I said as I hugged her.

"Everyone else is inside unpacking."

    The beach house was beautiful and seemed to have everything we could possibly need for our stay. I could tell Colton was excited, he had the same look on his face like every time he was on stage. After unpacking we made our way outside to grab some drinks and catch up with our oldest friends. We had all met back in Bridgeport during our performer days and eventually the three of them ended up moving to Sulani.



    The first couple days were spent in the sun, laughing, drinking, and remembering funny stories about each other. I never told our friends about the things we went through or why Colton could no longer speak. They didn't believe in the supernatural, so it wouldn't do any good trying to explain it. Our friends just thought it had something to do with his singing career. Colton also seemed to be doing really well so far, so I was becoming hopeful. Maybe Silvana was wrong after all!


    After a long day of swimming in the ocean and exploring for treasures and seashells, Colton and I headed into the kitchen to figure out what to make everyone for dinner. We did not expect to find two cakes on the island and our friends cheering and shouting.




"No, is it really time for this already?" I said, pretending to pout.

"We all have to become old at some point." Dave said with a laugh since he became an elder before arriving at Hollie's beach house.

    To be honest, I didn't mind becoming an elder, it was Colton I was worried about. Silvana had said that no matter how it seemed like he was feeling, if he lived to be an elder then the magic would begin to work even faster since his body would be so much weaker. But we celebrated anyways, we didn't need anyone freaking out and not believing the actual story.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Mika P.O.V.

    *Attention passengers - As we begin our descent, please make sure your tray tables are up and your seats are in their proper upright positions. Make sure all small carry on is below your seats and your seat belt is fully fastened. Thank you.*

"Finally," I thought to myself as I put my stuff away. I have never been on an airplane for this long, it was almost a 15 hour trip.

*Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Selvadorada. Local time is 9 a.m. and it is currently 65 and sunny. On behalf of Simtropolis Airlines and the entire crew, I'd like to thank you for flying with us and looking forward to seeing you onboard again in the future. Have a wonderful stay!*

    I grabbed my bags, left the airplane, and headed out of the airport to find a cab. I was able to find one very quickly and after giving them the address, we headed off to the house I would be staying in for the next four months. Once inside I unpacked and went straight to bed. I was exhausted and ended up sleeping all day, only waking up long enough to grab a quick sandwich and some water and then abck to bed.




The next day I went to Puerto Llamante Marketplace. In the brochure it stated to stock up on supplies before doing any exploring in the jungle. So I bought a bunch of supplies as well as a few souvenirs before stopping to have lunch. I ordered a Horchata and Empanadas de Verde.




    While sitting down for lunch, I had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with an elder Selvadoradian name Juan. He told me some local history, taught me how to introduce myself, and also taught me about Madre Cosecha. She founded and built this wonderful place and the locals can often be seen paying their respects at her statue near the entrance of the marketplace.

    Over the next week I began exploring the jungle, finding some treasures, and talking to Juan while enjoying drinks at the Cantina. If I wasn't exploring or chatting with my new friend, then I would go to the marketplace to buy new items to mail home. I also tried a bunch of new food and would often pay the chef extra simoleans for his recipes.






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lexi P.O.V.

    "I can't believe it's already our last day here." I said to Colton as I was getting ready. I gave Colton a quick kiss before going to get his coffee and our normal Sunday breakfast, potatoes, toast, and eggs. "You're in luck, this is the last cup of your favorite," I said as I walked back into our room. When I looked at Coltons face I knew this was it.


    He tried to smile, his way of putting me at ease, but it was to painful for him now. I ran to the living room to Dave, told him what was going on, and to get the car started. I grabbed our stuff and got Colton into the car. He laid on my lap in the backseat the entire time, in intense pain and refusing to drink anything.

"Please Colton, just hold on a little longer," I pleaded with him. "We are going to be home as fast as we can."

    I held onto Colton and talked to him, trying to stay as calm as I possibly could. We weren't fast enough though, Colton passed away 10 minutes away from home. I didn't know what to say or do, I just wept. I knew as soon as I got home that evening, I would be making the most difficult phone calls of my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mira P.O.V.

    Classes were going really good and I was learning so much. the only downside so far was my creepy roommate, who was getting creepier. She was always staring at me and I even caught her following me around a few times. We weren't allowed to change dorms and no one believed me about her because she pretended to be so nice and normal. the couple times I confronted her she would just laugh at me and tell me I was being to paranoid. One time I glanced at her computer and saw articles and pictures of me and my entire family (including my ancestors.) She was a total stalker and I didn't know what to do. I needed to get out of this dorm and ignore her, at least try to. I grabbed my stuff and and headed to the local coffeehouse to finish my homework so I wouldn't have to worry about it all weekend.





"Mira!" Jessie said as she came up to my table with Miranda and Cindy.

"Hey girls, what's going on?"

    We sat together for awhile just talking and laughing. they were my first friends here and it seemed like we've known each other forever.

"Girl, there is a huge party tomorrow night. You have to go!"

"I'm not..."

"Oh come on! You haven't gone to any school events since you got here."

"Okay fine, I'll go."

    The girls came over the next afternoon and we spent hours doing our hair and makeup. They even helped me pick out an outfit, one that I hadn't even taken out of my closet yet.



    There was a lot of people at the party, a huge bonfire going, beer pong, dancing, and really loud music. A few guys came up to us, wanting to dance, but we kept saying no. Most of them seemed like pigs and we didn't want anything to do with them. Only one was different, his name was Tristan. We talked a lot, danced, drank way to much, and exchanged numbers. We were inseparable most of the night and were pretty much all over each other. Things may not have gone all the way but they went far enough.








    The next morning I felt horrible, wanted to lay in bed all day, I was beginning to regret the night before. He would never call me, I probably seemed slutty. I decided to spend the day finishing my homework from Friday (since the girls interrupted me.) Then I did some studying and finished putting together my presentation, partly to ignore my roommate who had people over.


*Phone rings*

"Hi mom!" I said, trying to sound like my cheerful self. "Whoa, mom slow down! What happened? ....oh my gods, no! I'll be there in a few hours....NO, I'm leaving right now!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lexi P.O.V.

    We all have known that Coltons death was coming but that doesn't mean it was any easier. I would have never guessed that this would be how our life together would end. Mika was pissed off because he couldn't make it back in time for the funeral. No airline would give him a last minute flight, no matter how much he offered to pay. After the funeral I officially signed everything over to Mira. I wouldn't be able to handle this on my own much longer. Mira was ready for this responsibility and I knew she would do our family proud.



    I spent a majority of the following days reading new books and working in my garden, while Mira was back at school. I also talked to Mika a few times and enjoyed listening to him tell me about his time exploring the jungle and learning about the culture in Selvadorada.

No comments:

Post a Comment