Thursday, August 16, 2012

Chapter 10.9 - It's Starting

  Our kids were growing up so fast, it seemed like only yesterday we were bringing Ando home. He was now a child and Mira and Mika were toddlers and their birthdays were only days away.  Colton and I had become adults and our careers were soaring. Colton was now a Superstar and I had become a Star just a few days ago. Having a career that kept us away for weeks, sometimes months, at a time was very hard and stressful. But even though our lives were busy we made sure to have as much family time as we possibly could.

  We decided to have a small birthday party for the kids and just invited Chase, Jolene, and their two kids (who were now teens.) We hadn't seen them in a few months and thought it would be a great way to catch up.

"Unky Ace, Unky Ace!" Mira and Mika said in their cute baby talk as they hobbled over to Chase.


  They never see him much but they always seem to remember him, no matter how much time has passed. He loved his niece and nephew as much as his own kids, and I was the same way with his kids.



  The it was time to blow out the candles and watch our children's sparkly transition.

  Ando was first




  Then Mira



  Last but not least Mika



  Everyone cheered and looked so happy except Ando. He didn't seems as happy as everyone else, kind of grouchy looking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  After the kids left for school the next day we immediately began renovations on the house. They would each have their own rooms, finally. It would be a few days before the renovations were done but the kids were very excited since they would get to pick out what was in their rooms.




  When they got home from school we sat down with Ando while Mira and Mika did their homework and then played. It was time to tell him everything that happened in the past and what Calypso had said.


"She was right!?" Ando said, become flustered.

"What? Who?" Colton said, confused.

"Daisy, she told me that you weren't my real father, that Ricardo was."


  Colton and I looked each other, not knowing what to say. We needed to find out who Daisy was and get any information about her that we could.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ando's P.O.V.

"Where do they think you are?"

"At the library, studying for my AP Bio test. I don't care if they find out I am with you though. They lied to me for so long they can deal with it."


"Well, thanks to me you knew what they were going to tell you ahead of time." Daisy said with a smile.

"When can we go?" I asked her, anxious to leave.

"Saturday, while everyone is at the homecoming dance. We can pretend to go and then change out of our formal clothes when we get out of town."

"Sounds perfect," I said, before pulling her closer.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lexi's P.O.V.

"This is so strange, there is nothing on this Daisy girl. No birth record, no school records, nothing," Jolene said, as she stood up. "I don't understand how there can't be anything."


"That cannot be right," Colton said "You will keep searching though, right?"


"Yes, of course. I will call you guys if I find anything."

"What is she is someone from the Diavolo coven that Calypso warned us about?" I said as we walked out of the 12th precinct of downtown Starlight Shores.


  As we walked into our house I noticed that it was a little too quiet. Of course the kids were at the library and after school activities, but normally I would be able to hear the tv or radio since mum and dad stayed at home now.


I walked into the kitchen, unaware of what I was about to see.

"COLTON!!!" I screamed, as I burst into tears.

"What is it?" He asked, running in before stopping instantly.

"It's starting isn't it?" I sobbed, as he pulled me close to him.


"I...I think so," He said, still holding me as we stared at my parents dead bodies on the floor.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Burying my parents was the hardest thing I have ever done but having to tell our children why their Nonna and Nonno weren't going to be around anymore was almost as tough.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

  This was a hard chapter to write because Haley and Luca were great additions to my story and Haley was one of the only Abruzzi family members to some how survive my computer melt down. On top off having to "deal" with their deaths I also had to deal with another beloved family member passing away. Let's take a moment of silence for Cleo Abruzzi.

R.I.P. Cleo




No comments:

Post a Comment