Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Chapter 11.2 - A New Challenge?

  Colton and I were sitting quietly, waiting for everyone to show up, it felt like it was taking them forever. I was beginning to become impatient when out of nowhere Calypso appeared in the archway.


"Calypso, finally!" I said jumping up.

"Something is very wrong. I could sense it and then you hung the wind chime."

"Ando is gone, he found Ricardo and he revived him," I said, beginning to panic again.

"No, no, this cannot be happening! It's worse than I thought!"



"What can we do?"

"We need to plan carefully and we are going to need help," Calypso said slowly.

"You are going to need our help," Nick said, as he, Kayla, and Anika teleported in "Ino and Loka will be here shortly.


"You did tell Ando everything, like I said right?" Calypso asked me, ignoring our vampire friends.

"Yes, every detail," I answered.

"We told him everything and then he said he knew already. A girl named Daisy told him and he left with her," Colton added.

"Daisy? Daisy Tortino?" Calypso asked, very upset "She is the daughter of Ronan Tortino, Ricardo's VP. She is involved with the Diavolo Coven."


"We need to get to Glenridge Hall, now," I said

"They wont be there anymore, they would be headed to the coven house. If we plan extremely carefully then we will take you there." Anika said, sincerely.


"Wait! Colton, Lexi," Kayla said, jumping up "Are you sure you want to do this, you have no idea what you are getting into. The world that is home to the coven house is more horrific than your worst nightmares, creatures that you have never seen before. Even if you do manage to get in, there is no guarantee that you will make it out alive."


"I don't care, we are going anyways," I said "Ando needs us."

"Anika nodded and then we all began planning.


 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Mira and Mika were playing in the sandbox at school, talking and laughing, when some kids from their class came over and began being very rude to them, once again.



"Oh look at the losers playing together like little babies," Mario said "Stupid losers, why can't you be normal, why do you have to be such freaks?"


"Maybe because their drop out brother is a nasty bloodsucking vampire," Rise chimed in.


"Or maybe because they have a terrible mother who doesn't care and would rather be on stage and getting drunk every night." Frank added.


  Mira and Mika had had enough of all of this bullying and got up, ready to stand their ground. The kids began fighting with them but were suddenly thrown back the second Mira and Mika put their hands up.

"What the hell are you?" Mario yelled, as he and the other two kids ran back into the school.

"Mika...what just happened?"

"I don't know Mira....I don't think we should tell mum and dad," Mika said, before he and Mira ran to their next class.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Mika and Mira were sitting in the loungers near the waterfall at home, talking quietly .

"I wonder what happened earlier," Mika said, both still thinking about the days events.

"I know, that was really wierd," Mira said, staring at the water cascading down the rocks.

"What do we do? Do we tell mum and dad?"

"They wont believe us, besides they are to concerned with Ando, they probably wouldn't even care. I don't think they even remembered that our birthday is only two days away."

  Mika nodded and then they headed inside for dinner before going to bed.


  It was late into the night when Mira suddenly woke from a bad dream. As she was getting a drink of water from the kitchen she was startled by a movement outside in the backyard.


  As she slowly made her way outside the figure turned and faced her.

"Who are you?"

"Your family is in over their heads, they better watch it," The odd stranger warned.


"I don't understand, what do you mean?"

"Someone will die," The stranger said, before vanishing.


Mira ran inside and anxiously woke her brother up, telling him about what just happened.

"Mira, I just had a dream exactly like that except the odd stranger was talking to me."



"What is this all about? How could we have gone through nearly the same exact thing?"

  Mira and Mika were both even more confused than before but decided to try to go back to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Happy Birthday," Colton and I said, as I placed plates of crepes in front of Mira and Mika. They loved crepes and I knew this would be a nice surprise for them this morning.


   After breakfast I did the dishes and then we all lounged by the pool for awhile, the kids swimming now and then. With all the planning we had been doing lately, Colton and I wanted to spend the kids birthday just hanging out at home as a family.



"Why don't you guys go get washed up and changed and then come back out," I said, with a smile.

"Yes and hurry, we have some surprises for you," Colton added.

  When Mira and Mika came back out we surprised them with their birthday cakes. After blowing out their candles the sparkly transition consumed them once again.




  We then surprised Mira and Mika with new, identical, cars, which they were ecstatic about.



"Cadillacs?! Oh my gosh, thank you so much!" The chimed at the same time.

"We can start driving lessons tomorrow," I said, smiling at their excitement.

"Go check out your rooms," Colton added "The rest of your surprise is up there.



  As Mira and Mika went running inside Calypso came over, rather quickly too.


"Lexi, Colton," Calypso said, looking intrigued "We need to talk.

"What's going on?"

"There is something with Mira and Mika, I sensed it before but I sense it even more now that they have aged up," Calypso began "I think you need to talk to them like you did with Ando."

"What do you think is going on with them?" I said, becoming a little confused.

"I....I think they may have some kind of powers...or are at least powerful in some way," Calypso said.


"Ha, like witches or something?" Colton said, laughing a little.

"Yes, exactly like a witch or warlock," Calypso said, very seriously.

  Colton and I looked at each other, confused yet concerned at the same time.

2 comments:

  1. lol mika and mira remind me of the brother and sister from the film witch mountain.

    ReplyDelete